Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Report Control
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Group by columns where column has content only.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Group by columns where column has content only.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote docontrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Group by columns where column has content only.
    Posted: 07 December 2009 at 7:19pm
I planned to use group by for columns to create subgroups based on a document numbering system. This was working fine with a first level grouping approach, but now that I have added subgroups on multiple levels (up to 9 levels),

I can't get it to hide groups for records that have no content in the column to group by. On the attached image I have three hidden columns. The first represents the first digit of the document number (Chapter 1 - General), the second represents the second digit of the document number (e.g. Section 1.1 - Definitions), the third columns represents the third digit (Section 1.1.1) etc.

The idea is that Subgroups can be defined for some document numbers but not all. The blank group above 1.1.0 Introduction should go away and 1.1.0 be placed directly beneath "Section 1.1 - Definitions". In other words 1.1.0 should only be grouped by first and second level groups and not levels 3 to 9. The problem becomes very obvious when added all 9 levels (hidden group columns) but my example on has 3 levels defined.

The behaviour is exactly the same in the Toolkit Pro Report Sample when grouping by From and then CC (which is blank for all records).

It might be that there is a working solution at the moment but in that case is there a workaround?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic