Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HELP! Use recent file list as "Bookmarks".

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP! Use recent file list as "Bookmarks".
    Posted: 05 December 2009 at 7:12pm
Okay folks, I haven't been on the forum in quite some time but after upgrading my system I began working on my web browser once more.

My web browser is going to have a bookmarks or rather a "Top Sites" feature where it is displayed in the recent file list of the start menu or "File" menu. It is going to display the name of the bookmark but still be able to navigate to the actual website. Now, I can make this FULLY functional with a simple combo box, but I just cant seem to implement this into the recent file list option just added with this release. Please help! Your assistance will be greatly appreciated!
Product: Xtreme Suite Pro (Active-X), Version 15.3.1

Platform: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64Bit) & Windows XP Mode SP3 (32Bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6
shipwreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2009 at 2:21am
Come on folks is everyone dead too? Help me out here please. You'll be included in credits definitely.

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2009 at 7:25am
Hi,

So where problem exactly ? Add special control:
Set Control = CommandBars.CreateCommandBarControl("CXTPRibbonControlSystemRecentFileList")

and setup items using CommandBars.RecentFileList members.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
shipwreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2009 at 8:14pm

Okay, sorry for not explaining that well enough Oleg.

Currently, I'm loading the bookmarm list from a text file located in the same directory as the app.
I can do that successfully and actually be able to alter it in any form or fashion.

But, I don't know how to make it where if the user clicks the item in the list it will actually take them to the website it corresponds to.
In other words, a user adds google to the recently used list used as a bookmark. the like title and actual URL are implemented. but can not navigate to the site using list the same way you could in a combobox or a regular menu.

Does that help any? Let me know if it does and if you or someone else might know a solution or if it's still unclear. I understand that it might be confusing because I don't understand it all that well myself either. lol.

Hope to hear from you Oleg (Or anyone else for that matter. lol.)

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2009 at 8:36am
Hi,

Still not clear what you can do and what you can't.  You can catch moment when user click item but don't know how navigate to URL ?

Oleg, Support Team
shipwreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2009 at 3:00pm
I know how to navigate using the web browser control provided with the suite. I just don't know how to catch the event for clicking the item in the list and make sure it goes to the website it is assigned to. Did that help?

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 7:26am
Hi,

Just tried RecentFileList control - and seems there will be problem that it always try to format name.
So think you can try manually fill control in CommandBar - see VB\DynamicPopups sample.

Anyway here code I tried:

Private Sub CommandBars_Execute(ByVal Control As XtremeCommandBars.ICommandBarControl)
    If (Control.Id = 100) Then
        MsgBox Control.Caption
    End If
End Sub
Private Sub Form_Load()
  Dim ControlFile As CommandBarPopup
  Set ControlFile = CommandBars.ActiveMenuBar.Controls.Add(xtpControlPopup, 0, "File")

Dim ControlRecentFileList As CommandBarControl
  Set ControlRecentFileList = CommandBars.CreateCommandBarControl("CXTPRibbonControlSystemRecentFileList")
  ControlRecentFileList.Id = 100
  ControlFile.CommandBar.ShowGripper = False
  ControlFile.CommandBar.Controls.AddControl ControlRecentFileList

CommandBars.RecentFileList.Add "www.codejock.com"
  CommandBars.RecentFileList.Add "www.google.com"
End Sub
Oleg, Support Team
shipwreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2009 at 3:20am
That is some wonderful code Oleg but it displays the problem there.
I can add & remove the items pretty well. But I need it to be set up where you if you have "Google" as a bookmark, it is listed as "Google" instead of the full URL http://www.google.com/   I just don't know how to implement each item to where if you click google, it will go there and if you click forum, it will go to the forum. Do you get what I'm saying? I know it's troublesome but it's really hard to explain.

One more question though. Let's say I would like to make a "Favorites" bar similar to firefox or Safari. Is it possible to implement this where if you click on the favorites name and navigate to the site assigned to it?

Appreciate the help Oleg!

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2009 at 5:19am
Hi,

Check VB\DynamicPopups  sample - it Creates items dynamically - same you can create collection of items you need to set Caption to "Google" and Control.Pareamter to "http://www.google.com/" and in Execute event navigate to value specified in Control.Parameter.

Also check CommandBars\VB\ToolTipContext  - it has Favorites Menu item.
Oleg, Support Team
shipwreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2009 at 6:47am
Okay, I'll give that at try Oleg. I'll let you know if it works. Thanks!

shipwreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2009 at 6:39pm
Okay Oleg, I've taken a look into the tooltipcontext sample and it doesn't help much. It uses the favorites option thats built in the actual internet explorer. The favorites system I'm trying to set up is done entirely from the application using CJ controls.

So, the first option with the Parameter seems best option. Only thing is, I'm not sure exactly sure how to do this. The example is great but still unclear. Any way you could possibly help by dumbing it down a bit for me? :p

shipwreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2009 at 6:43pm
Another note. If I do use the parameter functions, how would I save and reopen the changes in regards to that?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic