Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

catch filter edit control from Report Control

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unknow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: catch filter edit control from Report Control
    Posted: 08 November 2009 at 10:36am

I would like to intercept when the filter edit control has been changed in order to display a "# results found" message;

I think I can find easily how to retrieve the number of items displayed in the report control;

But how can I know this is related to the filter applied ?
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 11:24am
Use BOOL CXTPReportFilterEditControl::OnChange()
unknow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unknow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2009 at 5:39pm
Thanks; I suppose the only way to make additional features is to derivate a new class from CXTPReportFilterEditControl ?

I would like to intercept the filter change in order to reflect the number of elements found (i.e. Internet Explorer 8 search bar) but I also found that the interesting property CXTPReportControl::m_nPopulatedRecordsCount is "protected" as well;

Is there a turn-around to avoid having to derivate both classes ??
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2009 at 8:25pm

CXTPReportFilterEditControl m_wndFilterEdit belong to your CXTPReportView derived class or smth similar (dialog?).

You can create it (suppose with IDC_FILTER_EDIT as ID) or subclassed it

if (m_wndFilterEdit.GetSafeHwnd() == NULL) {

m_wndFilterEdit.SubclassDlgItem(IDC_FILTER_EDIT, &pWnd->m_wndFilterEdit);

GetReportCtrl().GetColumns()->GetReportHeader()->SetFilterEditCtrl(&m_wndFilterEdit); }

and can use notification e.g. ON_EN_CHANGE(IDC_FILTER_EDIT, You function)
unknow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unknow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 6:09pm
ok, I can intercept the notification message from either dialogbar or reportview, thankx.

but I still can't get the number of report items listed once the filter has been applied...

how can I access to CXTPReportControl::m_nPopulatedRecordsCount ? or how can I recalculate it ?

thankx ;)
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 6:22pm
E.g. keep on app level prev record count and compare with new value after filter applied
unknow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unknow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 12:52pm
Thanks! here's what I did when handling the ON_EN_CHANGE:

Get the number of items actually displayed : GetReportCtrl().GetRows()->GetCount();

Is it a good way to proceed, I mean, this function will always return the number of items displayed with or with no filter applied.

Note: maybe you should consider giving direct access to CXTPReportControl::m_nPopulatedRecordsCount in next release ?
unknow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unknow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 6:48pm
One more consideration about : GetReportCtrl().GetRows()->GetCount()

This code returns the number of rows currently displayed in the report control; BUT it includes all the group rows at the same time.

What is the way to either

- calculate items displayed (not just visible) without counting group rows

or

- calculate only number of group rows (so I can then substract with previous value)

Thanks !!
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 6:51pm

Use BOOL CXTPReportRow::IsGroupRow();

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic