Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Toolkit or Suite?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david_lin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Toolkit or Suite?
    Posted: 08 November 2009 at 3:44am
Hi, I am new in programming and it may look naive to some of you, but I am a little bit curious why Toolkit Pro is needed if Suite Pro exist. Suite Pro can be also used in VC++. Would someone please explain to me? If we would like to use VC++ to develop a product, which one is more suitable? If we use MFC in the developing, does it mean Toolkit will be the only choice?

Thanks in advance for your comments.
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2009 at 3:28am
Hello,

if you use MFC - you can choose both, but with MFC ToolkitPro you will have all sources and will be able override any class to support custom themes/ custom functionality you need.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
david_lin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david_lin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2009 at 10:56pm
Thanks for the info. One more question. I read some complaints about the poor documentation of the controls. Is the situation improved in the latest release? Since I am not a veteran engineer,  detailed doc is a must for me. Anyway, I will try out Toolkit Pro first.
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2009 at 1:55pm

Hi,

Documentation is indeed not the best, but we have a lot of samples that show each feature we have - please start learning from compiling them all.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic