Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problems with 13.2 and Windows 7 Scenic Theme

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problems with 13.2 and Windows 7 Scenic Theme
    Posted: 25 October 2009 at 7:40am

XTP 13.2 issues with Windows 7 Scenic theme style (also we have included screenshots of Microsoft Windows 7 (Paint) and XTP 13.2 so you can see these issues:

1. Should have window title left aligned with a divider to match Microsoft Windows 7, also notice that there is a white glow below the icons on the Microsoft Windows 7 Quick Access Toolbar icons

2. How do we change "File" for the file menu on the contextual ribbon to an icon like in Microsoft Windows 7? Also is there a reason F is underlined?

3. When the application window is maximised the icon and divider for the application is not correctly positioned on the title bar as it is clipped

4. File menu is a different style to Microsoft Windows 7's File menu, will this be changed for a future version?

5. Quick access toolbar is not of correct style nor is it vertically centered

6. Height of File menu graphic is wrong compared to other tabs on the ribbon and this is highly noticable on HD monitors and looks wrong

7. Quick access toolbar icons are not vertically positioned correctly like Microsoft Windows 7 and once again is highly noticable

Most of these are only cosmetic but they do not look right and will detract away from the quality of our applications and I am sure many other users will agree with me.

I look forward to hearing from you to know the situation regarding these issues we have noticed, some of which we did point out while 13.2 was in the Beta stages of development.

See the biggest problem is in Microsoft specifications to use Contextual Ribbons etc. in your applications you must follow the guidelines and we are concerned this will mean we are not following those guidelines.

Thank you,
Terry Mancey

email terry@tmancey.ltd.uk | linkedin www.tmancey.ltd.uk | twitter @tmancey
terrym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2009 at 1:36pm

Hi

Could you please tell us which of the above were fixed in 13.2.1 as we can then check the others.

How do we add an icon instead of File text on File Menu as it says this has been added in 13.2.1 but I cant find example of how to get this to work for Scenic/White themes

Thank you,
Terry Mancey

robin_l View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin_l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2009 at 7:35pm
I've just built the Ribbon Sample with 13.2.1.

1. Not left aligned,  no divider, no glow
2. Still has "File" with the F underlined in the sample
3. FIXED
4. Unchanged (not sure this is a bad thing though)
5. Still different
6. ??? Not sure I see the problem....
7. ??? Not sure I see the problem....
Product: Xtreme ToolkitPro 2009 (13.4.1)
Platform: Windows 7 Ultimate(64bit)
Language: Visual Studio 2010 (C++)
terrym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2009 at 7:41pm

To be honest these are very easy things for Codejock to fix :( and yes most have not been fixed for 13.2.1

We were hoping these would but 13.2.1 seemed to be released very fast :( without any beta testing.

6. is just a very small cosmetic issue where the hovered tab is drawn 1 pixel too short as should be 1 pixel taller to match Windows 7 style etc.

7. FIXED as the quick access toolbar icons were not vertically centred correctly but this is fixed in 13.2.1

Thank you,
Terry Mancey

terrym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2009 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by robin_l robin_l wrote:

I've just built the Ribbon Sample with 13.2.1.

1. Not left aligned,  no divider, no glow
3. FIXED
4. Unchanged (not sure this is a bad thing though)
5. Still different
6. ??? Not sure I see the problem....
7. ??? Not sure I see the problem....

not only this for the life of us we cant get an icon to display instead of the "File" text, as no example.

Oleg please post code as we've tried code to SetIconId etc. and nothing changes the File text still remains :(

Thank you,
Terry Mancey

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2009 at 7:53am
Hi,

You only need set xtpButtonIcon style to show icon instead caption. and obviouslt just remove "&" to remove underline.

btw whats wrong with 5. You just made screens on differnet backgrounds...
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2009 at 9:42am
"Untitled - Paint" is left-aligned. Is this possible in XTP too?
PokerMemento - http://www.pokermemento.com/
terrym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2009 at 9:45am
Originally posted by znakeeye znakeeye wrote:

"Untitled - Paint" is left-aligned. Is this possible in XTP too?

I haved asked for this :( as a simple change that only occurs for Scenic and White themes and is really needed.

Thank you,
Terry Mancey

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2009 at 7:30am
btw Office 2010 also draws it centered
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
terrym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2009 at 7:38am

Hi Oleg

Fair enough for the White theme but Scenic is Windows 7 and is left justified.  So surely for this theme it should follow suite.

Thank you,
Terry Mancey

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic