Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arrow key issues with Interop Controls

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbogd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arrow key issues with Interop Controls
    Posted: 14 October 2009 at 1:35pm
I'm getting a weird problem with the arrow keys using .Net interop controls within panes that I have docked using the docking manager.

My problem is that we have a legacy vb6 application in which we use the codejock suite of controls.  We have started writing our new features in .Net though and using the interop forms toolkit to enable us to create controls that can be used by the vb6 application.  This has worked well for us so far.

The problem we have now encountered is that if you place one of these interop controls onto a pane that gets docked then you get some weird behaviour.  If you put focus into a textbox in the interop control then you can use the arrow keys to move between the characters.  If however you then put the focus into another textbox that is on an mdi child window then you cannot use the arrow keys to navigate within the characters. 

If I then do something within the app that creates another mdi child form then I can suddenly use the arrow keys fine in both.

I've got some sample code put together using VB6 and Visual Studio 2008 if anyone is interested in taking a look.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic