Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Frozen scrollbars on SSTree control under Windows7
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFrozen scrollbars on SSTree control under Windows7

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Frozen scrollbars on SSTree control under Windows7
    Posted: 23 September 2009 at 7:26am
Hi all,

Some of my VB6 application's scrollbars are not working properly under Windows 7 and wondered if anyone can shed some light for me?

The scrollbars affected all use the Sheridan ActiveTree OCX and they all work under previous versions of windows, or if codejock skinning is removed.

The scrollbars seem to be active; they glow when the mouse hovers over them etc, but when I try to drag the bar, or click the direction arrows, nothing happens, or occassionally the bar will move 1 or 2 pixels then stop and won't move again.

All other scrollbars seem fine - including the standard Microsoft Treeview control.

I'm using codejock Xtreme Skin Framework 13.1.0 and Windows 7 Ultimate. This has been tested on several windows 7 PC's and all are the same.

Any advice appreciated  (expecting loads of "upgrade your controls/platform" - not an option unfortunately)
snix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2009 at 12:33pm
Sorted this btw - by loading a hidden form with the scrollbars on it at runtime, applying the skin framework, then closing the form.
spadams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 6:23am
Have you got anymore information of what you did here? As i have the same problem with my app on Win 7!
snix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2009 at 4:30am
We created a hidden form in the project and put the sheridan active tree control on it. Then, before the real form is loaded we initialised the hidden form then closed it. This seemed to load the control into memory somehow. For some other controls we had problems with, we put them on to our splash screen with a visible = false property. This sorted them too. HTH...Don't know why it works :)
ctidev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctidev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2010 at 2:55pm
I'm struggling with a very similar problem and I'm not getting anywhere.  Does your project have an mdimain form?  We have projects with an mdimain form and don't see the problem there.  We are experiencing this frozen issue on a project that doesn't contain an mdimain form.  
snix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 5:48am
Hi ctidev, simple answer is yes, our projects are all within their own mdimain forms. We discovered this fix by accident and can't think of a way of getting it to work outside of an mdimain enironment. Sorry!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic