Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Controls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Databinding

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsmg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Databinding
    Posted: 10 September 2009 at 11:56am
hi,

Why is databinding not supported?
this function is really necessary!

madrianr View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madrianr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2009 at 6:22am
I agree with itmg - databinding is essential!
itsmg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsmg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 7:16am
Hey CodeJock,

we still need an answer!
why do the controls have no support for databinding?

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 20.1.0 (unicode)

Platform: Windows 11 (64bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0
madrianr View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madrianr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2009 at 7:50am
No answer?

what's the reason not to have support for databinding?

regards
madrianr View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madrianr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2009 at 5:55am
Why does CJ give us no answer or statement about Databinding in their controls especially for the combobox...

regards
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2009 at 9:11am
Hello,

We added it for FlaEdit, CheckBox and ComboBox for 13.2.1 hotfix release. please open support ticket I will attach it for preview.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
madrianr View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madrianr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2009 at 9:43am
Hello,

I'm not a lizensed user of CJ ActiveX controls because of the missing databinding feature but i will give them a try if this is availible...
is it possible to get the preview for a test period (trail)?

regards
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2009 at 2:59am

Hi,

13.2.1 will be available on this week. Please wait a little for its evaluation version.
Oleg, Support Team
Source View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Source Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2009 at 5:37am
In that case can you "speed up" or make it better the report control databind?
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 13.1.0
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 3
madrianr View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madrianr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2009 at 10:11am
Hello,

we have downloaded the latest version with databinding support but we cannot find then property of the combox which we can bind to it?

we use the BindingCollection object to bind ADO Recordset to controls like:

With ocolBind
        .Add txtTextbox1, "Text", "Customer_ID"
        .Add chkCheckbox1, "Value", "Bit"

.Add cboDataCombo1, "BoundColumn", "State"
        .UpdateControls
    End With

the Microsoft DataCombo exposes the BoundColumn property for that!

regards
itsmg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsmg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2009 at 10:40am
Originally posted by madrianr madrianr wrote:

Hello,

we have downloaded the latest version with databinding support but we cannot find then property of the combox which we can bind to it?

we use the BindingCollection object to bind ADO Recordset to controls like:

With ocolBind
        .Add txtTextbox1, "Text", "Customer_ID"
        .Add chkCheckbox1, "Value", "Bit"

.Add cboDataCombo1, "BoundColumn", "State"
        .UpdateControls
    End With

the Microsoft DataCombo exposes the BoundColumn property for that!

regards

CJ added support for databinding for the combobox.
CJ does not have a DataCombo.
DataCombo and ComboBox are not the same.

madrianr View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madrianr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2009 at 1:44pm
I know that DataCombo and ComboBox are not the same - the only thing I need is to have a property where I can
bind the datasource to like the "Text" property of the Textbox or the value of the Checkbox.

this property sould set/get the data (key)...

regards
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2009 at 7:55am
Hi,

Did you try to bind to "Text" property ?
Oleg, Support Team
madrianr View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madrianr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2009 at 8:05am

Hello

the "Text" property represents not the "Data" value which I have added trough the ComboBox1.AddItem method.
what we need is to have a property which represents the "Data" value not the item text property...

regards

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2009 at 9:11am

Hi,

Our combo works like standard VB6 ComboBox .  How do you make it work with standard Combo ?
Oleg, Support Team
madrianr View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madrianr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2009 at 9:54am
it does'nt work with standard combo - the DataCombo from MS ist a special combobox for database applications:

there it is a BoundText property which is important...
csware View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csware Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2009 at 12:21pm
Hi,

is it possible to add the databinding methods (DataBindings, DataField, DataFormat, DataMember and DataSource) to the CJ DateTimePicker Control?

thx

cs
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 17.2.0

Platform: Windows 10 (64 Bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP 6a
itsmg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsmg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2010 at 7:49am
Originally posted by csware csware wrote:

Hi,

is it possible to add the databinding methods (DataBindings, DataField, DataFormat, DataMember and DataSource) to the CJ DateTimePicker Control?

thx

cs

We need databinding in the DateTimePicker

chrisABC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2010 at 4:40am
I do not need the databinding in the controls for my accounting business app.
Instead I have written a small module that handles all the data interaction between a form and a recordset.
For example in the control's tag property I put the datafieldname and maybe a note about any special formatting or calculation for this field. When the current record changes, the module scans the form and updates any controls that have a tag showing they are "linked" to the recordset.
I have similar function to control editing (and strict validating) and adding/saving records to the recordset.

This gives me much more control over the process of "binding" controls to recordset. Before I started using CJ controls, for many years I used the standard VB controls and I chose not to use the VB databinding ( or the VB datacontrol).

So maybe it would be nice to have option for CJ controls to have databinding, but I do not think it is essential.
Except in a Grid control, where good databinding makes life much easier.
Chris (Manchester, UK) -- www.abc6.co.uk ---- Using CodeJock ActiveX Suite 13.1.0 with Windows8, VB6 SP6
csware View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csware Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2010 at 7:37am
Hi
sure, databinding is not "essential", but when I want to replace my standard vb controls, I have to implement the standard functionality where it is possible. So CJ did make the decision to implementd databinding in some controls , which is an indicator for me that they want to replace standard controls. At all it is not "magic" to implement the binding.

Quote Except in a Grid control, where good databinding makes life much easier.

.. and in a maybe comming datacombo ?

thx

cs
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 17.2.0

Platform: Windows 10 (64 Bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP 6a
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic