Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TreeIndent property not working?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TreeIndent property not working?
    Posted: 23 August 2009 at 8:57am
I am using the ActiveX Report Control, version 13.1.

I can't get the TreeIndent property to work. I have a report with top-level records and child records. I set the PaintManager's TreeIndent to 50, expecting the child records to shifted slightly to the right. But this has no effect. I've tried this with different settings for TreeStructureStyle (which is itself is working properly), but this makes no difference. I've not had any trouble with any of the other PaintManager's settings so far.

Is there a known problem with TreeIndent, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Mike
Mike Lewis
Software Developer
Edinburgh, Scotland
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2009 at 4:29pm
Mike Lewis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2009 at 2:29am
Thanks for your reply, Mark.

Before I donwload and install a new beta, can I ask you this: Are you suggesting I try 13.2 because you know for sure my problem is caused by a bug in 13.1 which has been fixed in 132.? If so, that's fine. I'll follow your suggestion.

You see, I had a lot of hassle when I went from 13.0 to 13.1, and I was hoping to avoid having to upgrade again if possible. Also, my two clients both use 13.1, and things are much easier if I can stay in synch with them. But if this will definitely solve my problem, I'll consider doing so.

Thanks.

Mike

Mike Lewis
Software Developer
Edinburgh, Scotland
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2009 at 8:14am
You can try 13.2 - registrate as public ocx with regsvr32.exe (beta-ocx will expired in month).
After you can unregistrate it (regsvr32.exe /u) and registrate back your 13.1 if you wish

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2009 at 8:46am
Mark, I'm willing to try doing that, but only if there is a reasonably good chance that it will solve the problem.

Do you know if the TreeIndent property is a specific problem that has been fixed in 13.2?

If not, I'd rather not spend the time on the beta. I had troubles using REGSVR32 when I went from 13.0 to 13.1, and I don't want to get side-tracked if it won't solve the problem.

Thanks for your continuing help.

Mike
Mike Lewis
Software Developer
Edinburgh, Scotland
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2009 at 8:59am
see snapshot in prev post
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2009 at 9:11am
Sorry, Mark. I didn't notice the snapshot when I first looked at your post.

This is certainly what I want to achieve. So, was the snapshot made in 13.1 or 13.2 beta?

Mike
Mike Lewis
Software Developer
Edinburgh, Scotland
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2009 at 9:20am
They made now - means current code (13.2)
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2009 at 10:33am
OK, so it does work in 13.2?

But did it also work in 13.1?

If it didn't work in 13.1 but does in 13.2, then upgrading will solve the problem. But if it did work in 13.1, then I must be doing something wrong. I'd like to know if that is the case before I go to the trouble of getting the beta.

Mike

Mike Lewis
Software Developer
Edinburgh, Scotland
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2009 at 10:39am
I don't have initial 13.1 code - only recent. The time we both already spend on writing >> time to registrate - run - keep or rollback
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2009 at 11:14am
Mark, I'm sorry but I'm really finding it hard to understand what you are saying.

Can you simply answer this question:

In 13.1, is there a known bug with the TreeIndent property?

Thanks.

Mike
Mike Lewis
Software Developer
Edinburgh, Scotland
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2009 at 11:18am
Yes - this is why I propose you beta 13.2
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2009 at 11:35am
That's all I needed to know. Thanks.

I guess I'll just manage without the indentation.

Mike
Mike Lewis
Software Developer
Edinburgh, Scotland
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2009 at 1:42pm

And without very many other fixes and improvements?

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2009 at 2:14pm
By the way, I noticed in your screen shot (above), there's a checkbox in the column headings (just to the left of Subject). I didn't know it was possible to put a checkbox in a column heading. How did you do it?

(Sorry, I know this is off-topic.)

Mike
Mike Lewis
Software Developer
Edinburgh, Scotland
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2009 at 4:00pm
this is checkbox glyph - not a control - just icon:

m_wndReport.AddColumn(new CXTPReportColumn(COLUMN_CHECK, _T(""), 18, FALSE, COLUMN_CHECK_ICON));

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2009 at 2:23am
That makes sense. Thanks.
Mike Lewis
Software Developer
Edinburgh, Scotland
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 3:44am
For the benefit of anyone else who has this problem, I've adopted the obvious solution: add some extra spaces to the front of each item in the lower-level rows.

Not very elegant, perahps, but good enough.

Mike

Mike Lewis
Software Developer
Edinburgh, Scotland
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2009 at 4:43pm

New flag in 13.2 to improve indention for Group and Child rows - ReportControl.PaintManager.BaseTreeIndent = True
Indent value share with existed TreeIndent setting
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 2:21am
Thanks, Mark. I'll give that a try if we go to 13.2.

Mike
Mike Lewis
Software Developer
Edinburgh, Scotland
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2009 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by mdoubson mdoubson wrote:

New flag in 13.2 to improve indention for Group and Child rows - ReportControl.PaintManager.BaseTreeIndent = True
Indent value share with existed TreeIndent setting

Are treelines according MS guidelines? It doesn't look that way to me... You are the one who is always pointing towards MS guidelines, well implement treelines alignment like MS does. Now it looks like you just picked a random number from the lotto machine

Thanks

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2009 at 3:24pm
Why - this is user (developer) choice - assign TreeIndent you like
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic