Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HOWTO: Prevent Drop from report 1 to report 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgampi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HOWTO: Prevent Drop from report 1 to report 2
    Posted: 20 July 2009 at 5:23am
Hi;

I created an MDI application that contains report controls of same type and content in different views. It should be possible to use drag & drop to rearrange items within one report control but not to move/copy records from one report control to the other using drag & drop.
Ho can I prevent this?
Martin

Product: Xtreme Toolkit v 19.0.0, new Projects v 19.1.0
Platform: Windows 10 v 1909 (64bit)
Language: VC++ 2017
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2009 at 4:48pm
Use app level to receive OnDragBegin notification and OnDragOver
Change dynamically m_dwDragDropFlags for all reports except originator to not allow to drop state using CXTPReportControl::EnableDragDrop funciton. Now you can drop you records only inside originator report control
mgampi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgampi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2009 at 3:29am
Hi;
I did it al little bit different. Since I don't wnat to enumerate all active report control instances I decided to use a bool flag that is set when a drag operation starts and reset after a drop. In all other report control instances, this flag can't be set. Flag not set --> drop disabled.
Martin

perrianna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote perrianna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2009 at 9:14am

To prevent the drag and drop property of your XTPReport Control, Pass NULL value to the EnableDragDrop function.
This will disables the drag and drop operation.

rptMemberVar.EnableDragDrop(_T("Class"), NULL);

Override the OnBeginDrag, OnDrop method to customize your drag and drop operations.

=======================================

hi everyone...

mgampi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgampi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2009 at 8:50am
Originally posted by perrianna perrianna wrote:

To prevent the drag and drop property of your XTPReport Control, Pass NULL value to the EnableDragDrop function.
This will disables the drag and drop operation.

rptMemberVar.EnableDragDrop(_T("Class"), NULL);

Override the OnBeginDrag, OnDrop method to customize your drag and drop operations.

=======================================

hi everyone...

Hi;
as mentioned before, I solved it already! I don't want to disable drag&drop completely, I only wanted to disable drag&drop between different instances of the same report control class.
Martin

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic