FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SetRibbonMinimized and Ctrl+F1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MGebler View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MGebler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SetRibbonMinimized and Ctrl+F1
    Posted: 20 July 2009 at 10:47am
I my opinion the combination CTRL+F1 is hard coded. If you watch the call stack you can see that user32.dll is called with the nMsg-value 77 (????) and leaves the user32.dll by calling mfc80.dll!AfxWndProcBase with the nMsg-value 83 (=WM_HELP). Some mysterial OS-code changed the message-id.

The actual problem is, that some of us signed the 'Microsoft Office 2007 UI license' and our applications can't even handle the common shortcut for minimizing the ribbon.

Sorry, but I am so bored of spending more time on the lacks of UI-frameworks than on our own code (here MFC not XTP).

znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2009 at 7:35am

Search the MFC sources for WM_HELP (and ID_HELP) and you might find a clue...

PokerMemento - http://www.pokermemento.com/
MGebler View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MGebler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2009 at 4:27pm
I have created a standard MFC application and found out, that it is a problem of the MFC framework.

Do you have an idea, how we can 'work-around' this. Due to the customization of the accelerator keys I can not know, which commands are executed by the ctrl+F1 combination.
Kenneth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2009 at 9:20am
What is this?  MGebler stated the problem was with Codejock's own sample.  This excuse of opening a ticket is getting a bit old if you ask me.  What was reported is a global problem, not one unique to MGebler.  A perfect problem for the forum.  And waiting 5-6 days is not being impatient.

ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2009 at 9:02am
Originally posted by MGebler MGebler wrote:

I always renewed my subscription in time; so what is the problem !

Maybe your impatience? Also for support open a ticket and attach a sample to reproduce the problem.

Codejock support
MGebler View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MGebler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2009 at 8:30am
Is there anybody out there...
... or is this bug not worth to receive a short answer from the support team ?

I always renewed my subscription in time; so what is the problem !
MGebler View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MGebler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2009 at 2:59am
Let's have a look at your ribbon sample. There you have defined a accelerator (ID_TOGGLE_GROUPS ... Ctrl+VK_F1) to toglle the minimize state of the ribbon. Now add ON_WM_HELPINFO and the correspondending method 'afx_msg BOOL OnHelpInfo(HELPINFO* pHelpInfo)' to the main framewindow.

If you press now the keys 'ctrl+f1' both methods are called (first OnToggleGroups, followed by OnHelpInfo).

Why is the WM_HELP message pumped through the message queue even if the message, generated by the accelerator was already handled?

With best regards
  Marcus

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic