Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Property Grid
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crash to Desktop isolated

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smallstonefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crash to Desktop isolated
    Posted: 19 November 2004 at 3:59pm

I'm the one who was getting a crash to desktop from a form using the Properties Grid. I ended up removing the PG from that form because I didn't have time to trouble-shoot further. Now, the ONLY form I have the PG component on is crashing to the desktop. This started happening just as I was about to wrap up a feature I've been working on for a week. With this component not working, all of my work is useless until I get a fix or switch to a component. I was able to isolate this into a small VB6 project, and I duplicated the crash on a second computer. I've filled in a bug report and attached the project.

I would very much appreciate a quick turn-around on this. I wanted to wrap this up over the weekend, but I'm dead in the water right now.

James
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 2:42am
Please attch it here.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
smallstonefan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smallstonefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 8:39am

Here it is...

If you open this sample project and click a button, a form will appear with a simple property grid. Close the form and you won''t receive any errors. However, click the button again, and this time change a property value (change the second property to a 3 from the 0, for example). Now close the form. BOOOOOM. Crash right to desktop - shuts down VB 6 completly. We've had this happen on the two machines I've tested it on - like clockwork.

2004-11-22_083845_Bad.zip

James
Fabian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 10:41am
Hi
If you move the Show comand to your main form (after setting property grid) it works.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.3

Platform: Windows 7 (32bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 / SP6
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 11:07am
See my answer in issue track. You work with Property Grid before you create form.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic