Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Skin Framework
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Have you tried to use compressors on skinned apps?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Have you tried to use compressors on skinned apps?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rvoith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have you tried to use compressors on skinned apps?
    Posted: 13 April 2009 at 3:57pm
Here the other day I discovered something strange. I thought I would use WinLicense from Oreans (http://www.oreans.com/winlicense.php)to both compress and protect an application made with CodeJocks XTP 13.0.0, statically linked in a MSVC 6.0 SP6 project. At first glimpse everything seemed to work as expected, but it turned out that the compressed application wouldn't skin the menubar and toolbar. This was very visible when I used an iTunes-like skin, where I should have the burshed-metal-lookalike background in both menu and toolbar. The uncompressed application had no problem whatsoever.

So, has anybody had any experience with compressors like WinLicense or AsProtect -and- Codejock Skin Framework?
Best regards,
Bob
Proud Programmer!
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 12:51am
Hi,

Yes, its known issue - some compressors/license/unicows use same hook methods and can't be used together with SkinFramework :-(
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
rvoith View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rvoith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 4:43am
Thanks for quick response Oleg (as allways!!)

Do you imagine that it could be possible to "align" such products with XTP? I am thinking more in the lines "what would for example WinLicense need to support" in order to be XTP "compliant" skiframework-wise.
Best regards,
Bob
Proud Programmer!
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 7:51am
rvoith, I'd contact oreans (R. Ahucha is very helpful) and let them analyze the problem. I bet they can solve it!
PokerMemento - http://www.pokermemento.com/
rvoith View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rvoith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 7:57am
Fantastic . I have also informed them about this discussion thread, and based on previous experience I believe they will dive into this. Thanks again!!
Best regards,
Bob
Proud Programmer!
worldpeace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worldpeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2009 at 2:33am
Hi

I got the same problem. you guys had any luck?

cheers
peter

rvoith View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rvoith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2009 at 4:20am
Peter,

Oreans did quite some analysis to get this working. At the time being the XBundler-feature doesn't work, but you can protect your application. The changes are;
  1. Enable the 'SecureEngine Config' pane via a setting in the WinLicense.ini. Contact them to get details, I am not sure I can reveal it publicly.
  2. Set the CustomImportTable: [kernel32.dll,lstrcpy][user32.dll,MessageBoxExA]
  3. Set the ImplicitRedirection
  4. Set the RefixInitialThunk
  5. Go to the “Protection Options Panel” and check the option “Advanced API-Wrapper -> Disabled”
  6. Go to the “Advanced Options Panel” and check the option “Hide PE Scanners -> Type 4”

Hope this helps!
Best regards,
Bob
Proud Programmer!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic