Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hex Edit control

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hex Edit control
    Posted: 03 April 2009 at 11:32pm
Codejock support
Smucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2009 at 2:31am
They picked a good one to emulate. I hope they didn't just steal the code!

I use hex dumps more for analyzing files than for editing. I've found one thing that really helps is to band the output (like old 132-column line printer paper, if any of you are old enough to remember that). Here's the output from my program. I may eventually also allow editing, but since the code is more for my benefit than my customers, I'm not in a hurry; I usually use Visual Studio to do the rare bit of hex editing I need.

I also allow various bases (2, 8, 10, 16) and word sizes (1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8), some for convenience of noticing patterns in RGB triplets (3 & 6), since I work with images. It can also switch between ASCII and Unicode for the text display.

The font here is Deja Sans Mono. Deja Sans is a relatively complete Unicode font with nice output and the nice dotted zero.

Product: Xtreme Toolkit Pro version 13.2 (Unicode, static build)

Platform: Windows 200x/XP/Vista/Win7 (32/64 bit)

Language: Visual C++ 9.0 (Studio 2008)

ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2009 at 9:51am
Originally posted by Smucker Smucker wrote:

They picked a good one to emulate. I hope they didn't just steal the code!

They did

Your control looks really nice! If it would support editing it would be almost perfect. I hope that Codejock updates their control with a better one.

Codejock support
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic