Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Request: hide events

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skiman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Request: hide events
    Posted: 19 March 2009 at 2:23pm
Hi,

It would be nice if it would be possible to hide events according to the label or individually.

This way it would be easy to show just the events which are needed at a certain time.

Just an idea?

Regards,
Chris.
ABO Service
Mr.Den View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Den Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2009 at 11:31am
Agreed, would be a great feature to have.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.3.1

Platform: Windows 7 Professional (64bit) - SP 1

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP 6
skiman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skiman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 4:26am
Hi,

Would it be possible to add HIDE and SHOW methods to the calendar events?

Regards,
Chris.
ABO Service
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2009 at 6:14pm
Use your own data provider and implement filter on load - looks this is simple
skiman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skiman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2009 at 2:00am
Hi,

Yes, I can do that, but I would prefer the possibility to change the displayed events on the fly.

I'm using labels for different kind of events. At startup I load all the events and display them all. I would like to select the labels I want to see, and display them. If I need to reload the calendar each time, that will take more time. Otherwise if I could hide/display them, that would work a lot faster.

I can hide/display the events of the current view according to the displayed dates, and process the others in the background. I suppose that this would work very fast.

Regards,
Chris Andries
ABO Service
skiman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skiman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2009 at 2:01am
Hi,

Maybe a filter for the calendar, which could be changed on the fly? That would also be a solution and a powerfull addition.

Regards,
Chris Andries
ABO Service
dmsa View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2009 at 5:22am
Originally posted by mdoubson mdoubson wrote:

Use your own data provider and implement filter on load - looks this is simple

Hiding events by not loading them is dangerous, as any reminders for the events not loaded would not fire. IMHO, what's needed is some kind of visible_state property for the event. This would be really usefull where for example I simply want to look at a particular category. Eg: show me just the return phone calls I have to make today. What I don't want is the possiblility of missing a reminder for a meeting, while I'm looking at them.

Mk
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2009 at 6:49pm
Essentially I am doing now more generic model to control the way user can operate with event - View, Add, Modify, Delete - based on schedule type which I see as Public, Protected and Private and concept of Shedule Owner. But if we choose some of common event property to use as event view regulator (e.g. Category) we can make it works and add UI to show or hide events of specific category. Current event properties (Subject, Location, Body,...) are not strict and developer can fit any model in such scheme or extend it so any ideas to show / hide some events based on label value looks very weak and not good for most users. We should make our model generic enough to fit most users need.
skiman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skiman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2009 at 11:39am
Hi Mark,

Yes, of course. I gave the 'label' as sample.

The hide/view possibility is more a status of the event. It is the programmer who has to decide if the event must be shown or not. This could be based on each property of an event.

Thanks for considering this feature.

Regards,

Chris.

ABO Service
skiman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skiman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2009 at 3:32pm
Hi,

I'm in the stage I have to implement the hide/view of events according to some properties of an event.

Is there any progress for this? Is this something that will be added in the near future?

Thanks for an answer about this.

Regards,
Chris.
ABO Service
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 10:10am
To filter you can use the PrePopulate event combined with something like CustomProperties as a filter.

Here is one way to filter events. It is a very basic sample using PrePopulate.

This sample assumes you have a custom property called "Name" for your events, and some global variable named strName that holds the name of the user you want to view. The sample below will see if the event has a property with "name", if it doesn't, then it checks to see if the name is equal to strName, if it's not, it will hide it (this only hides the event, not remove it from the data source).

You can use Prepopulate event to hide some events in the Calendar display.

Private Sub CalendarControl_PrePopulate(ByVal ViewGroup As XtremeCalendarControl.CalendarViewGroup, ByVal Events As XtremeCalendarControl.CalendarEvents)

If Events.Count > 0 Then
        Dim i As Long
        For i = Events.Count - 1 To 0 Step -1
            If Not Events(i).CustomProperties("name") = "" Then
                If Not Events(i).CustomProperties("name") = strName Then
                    Events.Remove i
                End If
            End If
        Next
    End If
End Sub

Here is another version:

This assumes you have some BOOL that specifies when filtering is enabled (bFilterMode). Also assumes your filter text is stored in a global variable (sFilterText)

The sample simply compares the Subject of the event to some text, if they match, then the event will be displayed, if they don't match, it is not displayed. This is only visual, no data is removed from the database.

Obviously you can improve on the compare, the following sample assumes an exact match.

Private Sub CalendarControl_PrePopulate(ByVal ViewGroup As XtremeCalendarControl.CalendarViewGroup, ByVal Events As XtremeCalendarControl.CalendarEvents)

Dim pEvent As CalendarEvent
 Dim x As Integer
 x = 0

For Each pEvent In Events
  If bFilterMode Then
   If pEvent.Subject <> sFilterText Then
    Events.Remove x
   End If
   x = x + 1
  End If
 Next

End Sub

Hope this helps
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 10:22am
Is removing event during PrePopulate  will also remove it from Reminders?

I add new event property - EventVisible - instead of removing events.
You can set it in PrePopulate function call based on your model logic

pEvent.EventVisible = False

Use fresh activex 13.1 upgrade from here -
https://forum.codejock.com/uploads/DemoVersion/CalendarControlUpdated.rar
unrar it on same place your official 13.1 located. Rename the same way as official filename use
No need to re-registrate as you already had it

I am interesting in your testing with hidden reminders - please post
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic