Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Controls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TreeViewNode Visible Property Not Implemented

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefanadelbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TreeViewNode Visible Property Not Implemented
    Posted: 17 March 2009 at 6:26pm
I'm looking at replacing the standard VB6 TreeView with the XtremeControlSuite.TreeView, but have noticed that XtremeControlSuite.TreeViewNode does not implement the Read-Only Visible Property. I use this property on the standard Node for dynamic resizing of the TreeView.

Is there a reason that this property is not implemented? Is there another way of counting the number nodes that are actually visible in an XtremeControlSuite.TreeView?

Stefan
stefanadelbert View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefanadelbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2009 at 12:37am
I cannot be the first person to have run into this problem.

Any suggestions? Are any of the Codejock admins around?
nighthawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nighthawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2009 at 6:18am
I would love to see a VISIBLE property on the TreeViewNode.  The problem I am having is the I need to show and hide individual nodes at run-time as certain program settings change.  Right now, the only way I have found to accomplish this is to delete all the nodes and rebuild the node list every time I need to make a change.  This causes a very distracting flicker and it also seems to cause the treeview to take focus even if I have a window in the foreground.  Having the foreground window pushed to the back every time I need to refresh the treeview nodes is too much of a problem so I am looking for some other way to accomplish this.  A VISIBLE property that I can set at run-time would probably solve this.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 13.0.0
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 3
Language: Visual Basic 6.0
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic