Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Child Forms Unresponsive?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gallman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Child Forms Unresponsive?
    Posted: 01 November 2004 at 3:05pm

** WORKAROUND ** The main form housing the dockingpane was started from Sub Main() and showed itself modally. However, if the main form shows another modal form, the panes no longer seem to respond anymore. So my workaround was to ditch Sub Main() and make Mainform the application entry point.

Hello, I'm having a weird problem and I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts. Scenario is below:

PLATFORM: VB6 SP6 running on WinXP SP2

MAINFORM: Contains CommandBars and DockingPane (with 2 panes like Outlook 2003)

EACH PANE: Loads a form (like the Outlook 2003 sample) and these forms contain usercontrols

If one of the contained user controls shows a form (e.g. Mainform.ReportControl.MyUserControl.ShowDialog), once that form is closed, the docking pane does not seem to process any of the pane events anymore (except pane resizing). Please note that the aforementioned ShowDialog() method loads a modal form and then unloads it properly.

My app is too big to post here so I'm hoping someone can provide some guidance.

Thanks!

Edited by gallman
jiri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2004 at 11:49am

Hello, gallman.

Please read my post from 28 October. I have simillar problem. (Return focus to docked window after showing modal form...). Now I have solution, but I am sure, that this solution is not optimal. I return focus to  window in timer event (This timer is enabled when modal form is unloaded and disabled after first "tick")

Jiri

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2004 at 3:57am
We tring to find solution , seems it is bug of VB, not returning state of form. If you use modeless dialog box the problem will gone
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic