Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

(SOLVED) RibbonBar overwritten

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: (SOLVED) RibbonBar overwritten
    Posted: 27 February 2009 at 5:09am
I am using RibbonBar and SkinFramework. The top line of the screen keeps going wrong (see pics).  If I resize or change window, it corrects itself. But later it will go wrong again.

Here is correct screen:

and this is when it goes wrong:

Any ideas???
Chris (Manchester, UK) -- www.abc6.co.uk ---- Using CodeJock ActiveX Suite 13.1.0 with Windows8, VB6 SP6
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2009 at 5:58am
Remove main window from skinning

SkinManager.RmeoveWindow me.hwnd
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
chrisABC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2009 at 10:51am
Thanks Oleg. That seems to fix it.

Remember I had another problem of double Form Titles, reported a few days ago?
Well the above change fixes this also.  :-)

But I do not understand........   When I change the visual Theme, the main Form does still change to match it.
Even though I have put SkinManager.removeWindow Me.Hwnd

Why is this??

(I am not complaining. Everything now works OK. )
Chris (Manchester, UK) -- www.abc6.co.uk ---- Using CodeJock ActiveX Suite 13.1.0 with Windows8, VB6 SP6
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2009 at 12:49am
Hi,
Because you have CommandBars + EnableFrameTheme. So its CommandBars work.
Oleg, Support Team
jads View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2009 at 11:11pm
Hi,
Does this mean that we should remove any window with a commandbar on it from skinning? Will skinning still work on those forms if the commandbar EnableFrameTheme is then called, particularly if the theme is changed while the window is open?
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 13.4.0
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 3
Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6
chrisABC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2009 at 3:48am
Thank you for reply.  Please can you explain a bit more.

jads View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2009 at 7:59pm
From the previous comments, if you have a commandbar and skinframework controls in the main form, the titlebar goes wrong (see first comment), the workaround is to remove the main form from skinning (second comment), but a theme change after the main window has loaded and activated from applying to the main window still works (according to the third and fourth comments).
I was asking if a commandbar is being used on a form launched from the main form, should that new form be removed from skinning as well, and will a theme change after that form is opened still work?
chrisABC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2009 at 4:09am
Originally posted by jads jads wrote:

I was asking if a commandbar is being used on a form launched from the main form, should that new form be removed from skinning as well, and will a theme change after that form is opened still work?

Thanks jads. I was asking if Oleg could explain more. 

Please can CodeJock answer the above question, to make things more clear for us.
jads View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2009 at 4:25am
It looks like removing a subform from skinning, when that sub form has a commandbar on it, puts the command bar inside the frame of the window, thus showing two title bars.
Only the main form has a SkinFramework control on it, commandbar.EnableFrameTheme and SkinFramework.RemoveWindow are called on both forms 
archies View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote archies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2009 at 7:59am
Hi Oleg;
I am also facing the same issue.

I have skinned my application . Now added Ribbo also .

Redraw problem comesup.
You suggest:
SkinManager.RemoveWindow(HANDLE)

I used:
XTPSkinManager.Remove(m_hwnd);
in the last on the CMainFrame constructor , but nothing happens.
Why ?
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 5:02am

Hi,

move it to first lines of OnCreate before you create CommandBars
Oleg, Support Team
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic