Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Action Event

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Action Event
    Posted: 30 October 2004 at 7:32am
I'm experiement a bit with my Pane control to get more used to it's behaviour. Currently I'm working with first a group of 4 panes docked at top and attached in a grop and 1 Pane docked to the left filling the side.

After creating all the panes and attachments, I call the GetClientRect method and then Float the first Pane in the group of 4.

First thing, the Action event doesn't seam to be triggered on this command, not until I click the title bar of the floating pane, then a Floating action is triggered (and again each time I click the title bar).

Then if I drag the Float to to get back into the docked group, the Docking action is triggered about 20-25 times (it seam to vary) but no Docked action is trigged. Then I get about 10 Attaching action before finaly an Attached action occure.

Is this "normal" behave or? I can understand the -ing events as it's an ongoing process, but shouldn't I get a "Docked" action?

Also it seam like the Attach actions have nothing to do with the AttachPane event, as that event was triggered "long" before for this pane, is this correct?

Further more when I'm on it... In the group of 4 panes, only Pane 1 and 4 seam to make it to the AttachPane on startup, and the other not until clicked on the Pane tab first time. Is this a consistent behave one can count on and code after?

Sorry for the many questions but haven't been able to find anything of  this in the documentation. Just let me say, I really like these controls but it takes some time to figure out all the posibilities which seam to be a lot.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic