Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to return focus to docked window

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to return focus to docked window
    Posted: 28 October 2004 at 4:46am

I have SDI app with docking pane. I have following problem:

I show modal window from any docked window. When I close modal window, focus is in main form. It is easy to reproduce this behaviour putting following code to the frmPane in SDISample. Form1 is empty new form

Private Sub txtContent_KeyUp(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer)
    Form1.Show vbModal
End Sub

Thanks for answer

Jiri

JSram View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2004 at 12:06pm
Ok I haven't got that far yet, but sure will... just wonder, what happen if you code

Form1.Show vbModal, Me
End Sub

any differance? Not sure but maybe you have to code wise pin the pane or make sure it's pinned as if it closes it probably can't regain focus.

Just an idea.
jiri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2004 at 12:34pm

I try following:

Form1.Show vbModal, Me
But the result is the same as without "Me".

Jiri

JSram View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2004 at 12:54pm
Ok sorry,

it was just an idea. I assume it would be the same if you used the calling form name as referense instead of Me as well?

I'm not really "there" yet, trying to rebuild my app using the codejock controls. Maybe it's not a good idea to load a form from a pane, I don't know. have you tried to simply pop up a msgbox and see if that show the same pattern?

An other idea I come to think of, instead of is to load the form in a bit other way.

In the form you want to show, make a
Public Function/Sub ShowMe()
    Me.Show Modal
End Function/Sub

Call    Form1.ShowMe
    Me.SetFocus
End Sub

I use this technique often to show a modal, for other reasons like returning a variable/object value from a form. Maybe you don't even need the Me.SetFocus as it normally would return to the calling instans automaticly.

gallman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gallman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2004 at 3:15pm

Hi Jiri,

Along the same lines as JSram's solution, you can use the Win32 API route to force a window into focus. See below for an example:

Public Declare Function PutFocus Lib "user32" Alias "SetFocus" (ByVal hWnd As Long) As Long

Then just call the function from anywhere you need to force focus. For example:
- PutFocus MyForm.hWnd
- PutFocus MyForm.MyControl.hWnd

This comes in handy if you have a specific form and/or control within a pane that needs to get the focus.

Good luck!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic