Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some Q before purshase

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some Q before purshase
    Posted: 22 October 2004 at 12:42pm
Hi,

I'm seriously considering to invest in the Xtreme Suite but have a few questions. Toolbars and Property Grids I pretty much knows about but a new to working with Docking Panes and how to work with them as well what can be acomplished. I have read most of the documentation but this are a few things unclear to me.

If I have undertood it right after reading some of the documentation it's pretty much the concetp of a normal Tab Control, but instead putting controls on it, you attache it to a form that have have all the controls. Is this correct, in a general sense?

Reading the Tutorials in the trail version there examples for both MDI and SDI, but the SDI example says "Make sure to select the MDI...",  is this a typo or does my application need to be of MDI type, meaning I have to revert it from SDI to start use this control?

Also, I currently use a resizer control from C1, will this cause me any problems with the Pane control? I figure it might be a problem at least were I have it to fill the whole form... this is my main form I'm thinking of where I'm thinking of to put the pane control. But appart from that, if I attche a form that have a sizer filling it, would that cause any problems?

Well I guess that was just it, at least for the moment. And I must say your tools look really promising as well :-)

Thanks
JS
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 12:51pm
Docking panes are somewhat similar to a tabs in a tab control when they are attached in a group, but you can float, dock, and auto hide docking panes.  They can be placed in groups (looks similar to tab control), or they can be pulled apart and docked to various places on you application.
No, Docking Panes can be uses in both MDI and SDI applications...must be typo

I would just try to use it with your sizer control, if you have problems, just ask
JSram View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 1:21pm
Ok thanks for fast reply, will head on to test it more, so far only tested the toolbar and Grid. But just to be clear on a point, a pane HAVE to be attached to a form right or can it use any other container? Also when loading the container form, is it possible for the pane to autosize according to the form? If not, that would be a nice feature for coming versions 
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 1:33pm
I would thing it could attach to any container as long as it has a hwnd.  Haven't tried with anything other than forms.

You can use the min and max functions to set the size of the pane.  Generally the pane will occupy the entire left, top, right, or bottom unless another pane is attached.  In the samples we usually size the form to the pane as it is resized.
JSram View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 2:12pm
Ok lets see now if I have got it right and I'm sorry if I'm a pain but english isn't my native language... With "attach to any container..." do you mean what is "hosted" inside of the pane or were the pane is "hosted" aka aligned to? or would it go for both scenarios?

I also looked at the tabcontrol and see it seam to use pretty much the same concept as the pane, attaching a form to it self for each tab, which it seams have to be created at runtime (the tabs)?

It's a rather new way of working for me, but maybe it's not bad at all, to design the different parts as forms that will display inside an other form, instead of blow up on top as an "external" process. It's to make use of the forms for what they are, objects.

Ok I will pull out my card and bump over to your shop,... and  rewrite my project

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic