Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dismissing a Dropdown Clears Selection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmathis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dismissing a Dropdown Clears Selection
    Posted: 24 November 2008 at 3:53pm
Clicking outside a menu dropped from the ribbon clears the selection from my application.  I see the same behavior in the Ribbon sample, but not in Microsoft Word.

Here's how to see what I mean.  Run the ribbon sample and select some text (e.g. "I'm using your Report Control...").  Now, select the arrow beside the font size control in the ribbon.  Move the mouse down beside the dropdown to, say, somewhere around where it says "Customer Feedback" and click.  The drop menu is dismissed (good), but the selected text becomes unselected (bad).

Repeat this workflow with any document in MS Word.  Everything is the same except that the selected text stays selected.  My guess is that Codejock is not eating the click event after processing it, but instead is passing it along to the app, which interprets it as a clear-selection request.  Is there any way to mimic the Word behavior by making CJ eat the click?
--Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic