Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Property Grid
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GIF And JPEG missing from file browse

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gshawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GIF And JPEG missing from file browse
    Posted: 04 October 2004 at 11:11pm

Hi,

I purchased your product at the end of last week and am mostly satisfied with it so far. I have only really begun using it today, and have just come across a very serious problem (that should however be easy to fix):

When I set a property to type PropertyItemPicture, I cannot select all the graphics file types that are supported by Visual Basic. Specifically, the browse for file dialog is missing support for the .gif and .jpg file extensions. This wouldn't be so bad if I could use my own handler in the InplaceButtonDown event, but the event doesn't fire for PropertyItemPicture type properties.

I absolutely *need* to be able to offer my customers the ability to select .GIF and .JPEG/JPG files. I am sure I am not the only one with this issue... What is the recommended workaround?

gshawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gshawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 11:15pm

Note that the following works just fine:

Set Item = Category.AddChildItem(PropertyItemPicture, "PictureItem", "")
        Dim AppIcon As Picture
        Set AppIcon = LoadPicture("E:\My App\Picture.jpg")

And even displays the little picture preview icon. It looks like the file type just needs to be added to the Browse dialog.

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 1:12am
in browse dialog select "All files(*.*)" and choose gif or jpeg.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
gshawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gshawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 9:23am

Hi Oleg,

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your prompt response.

My problem with this is that the default selection for "Files of type" in the Browse dialog is "All Picture Types." However, GIF and JPEG files do not show up in this list. This makes it seem like these file types are not supported, when in fact they are (by both your control and the development environment). The fact that they do not even show up as a picture type in the file type drop-down also reinforces the idea that they are unsupported.

I know that GIF and JPEG files are supported by the control. However, my users will not know this. They will think that my application does not support these formats.

I do not want to confuse my users. Is there any chance of seeing this fixed in a future version?

Thanks again.

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2004 at 12:14am
ok, we will change it.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
gshawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gshawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2004 at 11:57am

Thank you very much. Once again, I appreciate your prompt feedback.

Have a nice day.

gshawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gshawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2004 at 1:58pm
I can confirm that this has been resolved in version 9.51. Thanks again for the prompt fix.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic