Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Refresh of docking pane with WPF on Vista Aero

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danghel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Refresh of docking pane with WPF on Vista Aero
    Posted: 10 September 2008 at 10:25am
Hello all,

I have a refresh/paint problem on Vista with a docking pane containing a WPF UserControl:

Our MFC application uses a docking pane which contains a CDialog that is a host for a WPF UserControl. After the docking pane becomes visible, if the WPF UserControl inside the docking pane is clicked, the entire content of the docking pane is wiped out and only a blank interior is displayed.

Then, if the mouse cursor is hovered over the WPF UserControl, it starts to redraw itself on the hovered areas only. A resize/move operation on the docking pane completely refreshes the WPF UserControl, and everything works fine until the docking pane changes the visibility again to invisible then to visible, and the problem reappears.

This problem is present only under the Vista OS and only when the docking pane is floating.

Also, if the Vista display theme is changed to “Windows classic”, the refresh works just fine (which indicates that the problem is directly related to Aero Desktop Window Manager).

Do you have any suggestion on why this is happening and what should I do to patch this problem?

Thank you,

Daniel
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2008 at 2:17am
Hello,

Please attach sample application.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
danghel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danghel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2008 at 1:59pm
Hi Oleg,

I attached a sample application (SampleApp) with a CXTPMDIFrameWnd main form which contains a docking pane that has attached a CDialog (HostDlg). This dialog hosts a WPF UserControl (see UserControl1 in WpfControlLibrary2 namespace).

When executing SampleApp.exe, the main form and the docking pane are displayed. If you click anywhere on the WPF content of the docking pane, the whole content of docking pane will become white and the only way of repainting the WPF control is to resize the docking pane.

The WPF user control source code is included in the solution WpfControlLibrary2. I should mention that no matter the design of this user control, the behavior is the same, so I assume the problem is not related to a specific WPF control.

Please note that in XP or Vista with classic theme everything works fine.

In order to compile and execute you'll have to add the toolkit DLL (ToolkitPro1201vc90D.dll) to the Debug folder and the toolkit LIB (ToolkitPro1201vc90D.lib) directly to the SampleApp (I had to remove these files from the attached archive due to file size limitation)

Thank you,

Daniel

20080911_135711_SampleApp.part1.rar

20080911_135810_SampleApp.part2.rar
danghel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danghel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2008 at 2:13pm
Hi Oleg,

Did you have a chance to take a look at the code example? We would like to renew our yearly subscription for Toolkit updates but we are waiting to see if there is a solution for this annoying refresh problem under Vista first.

Thank you,

Daniel
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic