Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Property Grid
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SOLVED : Multiline behaving unpredicatbly.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoboP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SOLVED : Multiline behaving unpredicatbly.
    Posted: 09 September 2008 at 8:30am
Hi !!

Platform: c#.Net 2.0
O.S: Windows Xp

I have property grid on a form .I am adding multiline child items in propertygird dynamically .and these items are selected from next form.

PropertyGridItem itemP;
        itemP =someCategory.AddChildItem(PropertyItemType.PropertyItemMultilineString, text for child item, "");
        itemP.EditStyle = PropertyItemEditStyle.EditStyleMultiLine;
        itemP.Id = 1;
        itemP.MultiLinesCount = 100;
        itemP.Height = 80;

Now my problem is . Items are added as multiline only for the first time. Later on whenever I add items from next form . They are added as normal single line items. same code is executed (above) for adding the items.

I have kept variableItemsHeight = true. Is there any other property which needs to be set whenever propery grid is active.
I am confused.
Please suggest !
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2008 at 11:06am
Hi,

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
BoboP View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoboP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2008 at 5:09am
Hi Aaron!
Thanks for replying.

This time my problem is different . I am able to add multiline items. (I wanted unlimited number of lines). So that is not the issue .

Actually when I create categories and add items into it . they are added as multiline itemsonly for the first time. But next time when again items are added into previously created category They are added as single line item only.

Now I observed one thing . When close and again expand the category.
Now it shows same added item as multiline.

So i tried doing same programmatically .By
Category.expanded = false;
category.expanded = true;

But I am not able to do .
Could you suggest something?

Thnks

Codejock Xtreme :11.1.2
Language: C#.Net 2.0
O.S Windows Xp .

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2008 at 7:06am

Hi,

I just picked a project with some MultiLineString issues I had before. I have installed V12.1 and the project upgraded PropertyGrid control to this version and while testing I didn't quite understand what you mean. It works (well almost what one would want). Well I saw you need V11.2 control, I had to change the version in test project. Test again and saw that behaviour is completely different.

I guess you have to upgrade...  If you don't I recommend that you upload a test project for Support Member, maybe they have a solution.

BoboP View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoboP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2008 at 1:23am
Hi Aaron !

I could do solve it. My category was already expanded. So I first made it Expanded  = false and again Expanded = True.

So I can see my added item as multiline. It solved right now.
Thanks once again .

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2008 at 2:32am
Hi,

What you do is just a workaround. If you would upgrade you wouldn't have to do this. When I tested this (V11.2 / V12.1 beta) I noticed some improvements in V12.1 beta version (and maybe in V12... also) Maybe you can upload evaluation version just to check what I mean

And if your issue is solved (or you're satisfied with solution) please change your topic description into SOLVED:<your topic description>
And it would be nice if you do that also for your previous posts in forum (which has been solved of course )

Thanks a lot

BoboP View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoboP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2008 at 1:37am
Hi Aaron !

I am just a developer , Decisions about upgradation of code jock depends upon my project magr. But by the way is it free or we need to spend some extra charges for it. So accordingly I can suggest my seniors.

And updating status of post . I will do that. Thanks for the  suggestion.

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2008 at 3:12am

Hi,

If you have active subscription its free to update. I ordered the controls with one year subcription (at first I thought this was only for support hehehe) So I get all updates for free until the year is over.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic