Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockeddropdown toolbar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stupid_baby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dropdown toolbar
    Posted: 08 September 2008 at 9:29am
I want to know how can realize a dropdown toolbar, which means that  there is a small arrow in the main toolbar, if you press the arrow, it will pop up a dropdown toolbar.

Thanks,
   wang gang.
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2008 at 9:30am
Hi,

Check Samples\CommandBars\TearOffPopups sample.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
admitriev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admitriev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2008 at 3:15am
Hi,

is there any chance to implement the same functionality with no CommandBars interface involvement. In other words, I'd just like to create CXTPPopupToolBar object and to pop up a dropdown toolbar associated with the created object just as user presses the arrow of main toolbar's button.

thanks in advance

stupid_baby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stupid_baby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2008 at 10:34pm
Hi,

Please check Samples\CommandBars\TearOffPopups sample. I haven't done what you said before, but I think the way is similar.
admitriev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admitriev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2008 at 3:16am
Hi,

Thanks for prompt reply, man. Eventually I've managed to get it working the way I'd wanted to...

but now I'm stuck with a bit more specific stuff. I strongly need to change icon of the main toolbar's button to the one user chooses from the associated dropdown toolbar.
If you're familiar with AutoCAD and use flyout toolbars, you may know what I mean...

any help would be really much appreciated!

cheers
admitriev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admitriev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2008 at 8:51am
Hi again,

after several hours of digging into XT API, I came to conslusion the functionality mentioned above needs to be done by myself. However, there are still a few pending questions on how to properly deal with CXTPControlPopup... I try to create a main toolbar dynamically and then create a popup toolbar which is also done in run-time. The problem is that I can't set any icon against the main toolbar's button which I connect my popup toolbar too. I've tried several approaches but got no success.
Any ideas on how to get it working?
admitriev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admitriev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2008 at 1:31am
if anybody cares, the problem's been solved by creating a control popup via the CXTPControlPopup static method CXTPControlPopup::CreateControlPopup. In this case, the very first control button added to the popup toolbar is shown on the main toolbar.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic