Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Docking Panes and Task Panels

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geraint P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Docking Panes and Task Panels
    Posted: 13 September 2004 at 11:39am

I have a docking pane which when created is set by default to be hidden. Attached to the pane is a form. As soon as I put a task panel on this form the docking pane refuses to pin to the side of the screen (i.e. it remains as an auto-hide pane). Remove the task panel and everything works as expected. Any ideas?

Incidentally, is there any way to capture an event prior to a pane being selected/clicked/shown? i.e. if you have a set of panes attached to each other is there an event fired when a particular tab is clicked on, and the pane displayed? The Action event under for the DockingPane doesn't seem to include anything like this.

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2004 at 12:44pm
I can not reproduce your taskpanel behavior. Maybe you can post a sample project that illustrates this.

Look at this post where I offer a solution to the pane selected problem.  No, the action event is not fired when a pane is selected in a group of panes.
Geraint P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geraint P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2004 at 4:47am

Looks like the taskpanel was a red herring. I've cut the problem down to the absolute minimum code and uploaded it.

2004-09-14_044034_UnpinnableExample.zip

Looks like the problem is to do with when you attach the form handle to the pane. Works fine if I do it in AttachPane, but not if I attach the handle when creating the pane. Probably something I'm doing wrong admittedly.

One more question. Is it true to say that AttachPane is only called when a pane is first displayed? So if I create a pane with no handle, which is hidden, then the AttachPane event is only fired when the tab for that pane is clicked?

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2004 at 6:34am
EDIT****OK, I finally see the problem.  I would use AttachPane****

Yes, attachpane is only called when then pane is first shown.  So you must keep track of the form handle that you attached to it.  It will be fired when the hidden tab is clicked  or on mouse over, which ever method show the pane.

Edited by SuperMario
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic