Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Docking Panes and standard StatusBar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metodo_Sviluppo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Docking Panes and standard StatusBar
    Posted: 13 September 2004 at 8:08am

I'm using Docking Pane ActiveX in a MDI form that has a standard mscomctl statusbar control (i'm using this since the StatusBar provided by the commandbars control is very limited and not suitable for the information i have to display in my application).

If i create a pane and dock it at the bottom of the form, the pane title when in autohide state is below the statusbar control and i can't read the title or position the mouse to show the pane.
Docking the pane on the left or right of the form causes the pane to "override" the statusbar, and the statusbar itself seems attached to the pane and resized with it   

This problem does not occur in a standard or SDI form (like the Office2003 GUI sample where there are both the docking pane and the statusbar on the SDI form.) where the docking of the pane does not cover the statusbar.

Is there a way to use the dockingpane with other controls docked to the bottom of a MDI form?

Thanks for help.

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2004 at 9:03am
A couple of things to try:
    Right-click on the DockingPane control on your form and select "Send-To-Back"

Make sure this code is included:  
    DockingPaneManager.SetCommandBars Me.CommandBars

Make sure you account for the VB statusbar height, add this to the CommandBars_GetClientBordersWidth event:
    If sbStatusBar.Visible Then
        Bottom = sbStatusBar.Height
    End If
Metodo_Sviluppo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metodo_Sviluppo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2004 at 11:00am

Thanks for your fast reply.
I've missed the GetClientBordersWidth event, but when i insert it, nothing changed

I've uploaded a project to show the problem. In this project the event GetClientBordersWidth is not triggered (?!?) so the statusbar remains over the dockingpane.

What i'm doing wrong?

Thanks for help.2004-09-13_105926_StatusBarProblem.zip

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2004 at 11:05am
I said place that code in the CommandBars_GetClientBordersWidth, not the DockingPanes one.  If both DP andCB are used, only the CB version is called. 
Metodo_Sviluppo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metodo_Sviluppo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2004 at 11:08am

Yeah, i've noticed this, i was writing the reply but you have preceded me!

Sorry for my mistake.

Now all works fine!

Thanks again.

Edited by Metodo_Sviluppo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic