Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

pane not activated when toolbar clicked

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pane not activated when toolbar clicked
    Posted: 06 September 2004 at 4:16am

I have a pane with it's own toolbar (using an embedded frame to host it as per the advanced demo), when I click a toolbar button the pane does not get activated, so the button message gets sent to the active view instead of the panes view! 

The toolbar is a CXTPToolBar, is there any way to ensure that the pane gets activated when the button is clicked so that I can handle the command in the view class?  Thanks.

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2004 at 2:37am

it is very strange. It must work without activation pane. (In advanced demo it works)

How do you handle command? ON_COMMAND? Or may be PreTranslateMessage?

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
brianh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2004 at 8:16am

Hi Oleg,

Sorry, I've just checked and the problem isn't with the pane, clicking on it's toolbar always calls the correct command handler within it's view.  My application is using your MDI tabs, within the tab I have a main view with a toolbar and a pane with it's own toolbar as already described.  I have a refresh button on both toolbars, when the pane is active and I click the button on the main toolbar the command handler in the pane is called!

My main view is actually an embedded tab control (from another toolkit), don't know if that's making any difference but don't think so

Thinking about it, this is probably the correct behaviour, although confusing for my users since the main toolbar is meant for the main view!   Maybe I just have to put the main view in another pane, stop it from being closed or floated, and then hide the client?

Thanks.

Edited by brianh
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic