Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skining Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YovenkoAlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skining Problem
    Posted: 07 July 2008 at 10:05am
Hallo everybody, I have a problem, i use Xtreme SkinFramework ActiveX Control 11.2.0 on Vb 6.0 and when I start app I load skin and when terminate use
rSkin.LoadSkin "", ""
rSkin.RemoveAllWindows
but after all my app change defualt windows style(Pic 1) to some other program like Word, Commander...
but must be such as
Baldur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2008 at 4:31pm
This happens to me only in VB6-IDE, because VB6.EXE is also captured.
If i switch to an other application and back to IDE, the skinning is gone away.

But if you exclude the VB6.EXE you must explicit apply each Form.hWnd, but some skinning will also affect the IDE.
YovenkoAlex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YovenkoAlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 7:13am
can you add some line of code what exclude the VB6.EXE?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YovenkoAlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 6:30am
Any idea on this occasion, Has noone really faced the problem when Xtreme Skinframework change skin of theme of other applications?
Baldur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 9:40am
Im working with version 12.0.0 and it works fine for me.
I have tried it on windows2000 and XP, no other application will be affected.

The only thing is really the VB6-IDE.
You can exclude the vb6.exe with MySkin.ExcludeModule, but this works not for the Window-Title (i don't no why).
But in this case, you must call MySkin.ApplyWindow for each Form whit is to be loaded.

I think, its only look not nice.
If i end the debugging and minimize and show normal the window, the ide is reskinned to default.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YovenkoAlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 8:33am
Problem consists in that skin changes not only in IDE, it`s change theme style to other applications and form not my.. Often at the dialogs of windows that is created in work of OS, for example in saveDialog style lose buttons and in this time my application not run and skin Unload.
Like this...
Total Commander:

MS Outlook 2007:

MS Outlook 2002:

MS Word 2002:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YovenkoAlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 7:50am
I can not understand why i do not have answer, i have obvious problem with skining and I think that it is error of Skinframework, explain how to correct it. On the following screenshot you can see that application not my but skining it.
image before start my app

After

You can see that languagePanel near System Tray change own color to color of my app theme. I trying to ExludeModule but it`s does not help
rSkin.ExcludeModule "ctfmon.exe"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YovenkoAlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 8:53am
fix after ExcludeModule "msctf.dll"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic