Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pane Flickering/Hiding problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metodo_Sviluppo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pane Flickering/Hiding problem
    Posted: 02 September 2004 at 5:10am

Hi all,

i have a pane (docked to the left of the form) and a commandbar in a VB6 MDI form.

Inside the pane there is a form with a treeview. When the user selects a node in the treeview, the menubar items of the commandbar must change according to the type of node selected.

The problem is that if the pane is in AutoHide state, it hides when the user clicks a node in the treeview and the commandbars controls are removed and reinserted.

If the pane in pinned it flashes everytime the user clicks a treeview node.

Is there a way to avoid the hiding of the pane? In autohide state, the pane must hide only when the user moves the mouse or clicks outside the pane margins (like Visual Studio.)

I'm using Xtreme Suite ActiveX version 9.10 eval.

Thanks for Help.

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2004 at 6:50am
Try looking at the GUI sample project.  I changed the Class View docking pane to autohide and I had no problems with flickering and clicking on the nodes.  What OS are you using, what service pack of Visual Studio?  This way I can test on your setup.
Metodo_Sviluppo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metodo_Sviluppo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2004 at 7:38am

The problem is riproducible only if you modify the elements of the ActiveMenuBar in the "Nodeclick" event of the treeview.

Try to add a menu control item on the main menu commandbar, while the ClassView pane is in autohide state.

In the GUI Sample add the following code to the frmClassview form:

Private Sub treeClassView_NodeClick(ByVal Node As MSComctlLib.Node)
    'If access to frmMain returns an MDI error, try to assign the forms(0) object to a variabile of type form
    frmMain.CommandBars.ActiveMenuBar.Controls.Add xtpControlPopup, 0, "NewItem"

End Sub
When you click a node in the treeview, the menu item "NewItem" is added to the commandbar but the classview pane hides.

I'm using WindowsXP Sp1 and Visual Basic 6 SP6. 

Edited by Metodo_Sviluppo
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2004 at 8:00am
Looks like a bug, I can't seem to find any work around.  Submit this issue as a bug and hopefully if can be fixed in the next release.  Everything I try, as soon as the new item is added, it pulls focus from the docking pane and gives it to the commandbar.  About the only thing I can think of would be to wait until the pane loses focus to update the commandbar.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2004 at 10:13am
Can you resubmit your issue?  The email address you provided appears to be invalid and our emails sent to you  are being bounced.

Thanks
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metodo_Sviluppo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2004 at 10:24am

I've received the messages with Customer Support Area Login Information and  submission confirmation. Originally these messages were detected by my company's antispam software, but i've already contacted the mail system administrator to solve the problem.

Please retry...in the submission confirmation message i received the email address is correct.

Edited by Metodo_Sviluppo
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metodo_Sviluppo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2004 at 10:32am
I resubmitted the issue, because i noticed that the Customer Support Area Login information you sent me, has been invalidated...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic