Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Controls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thanks, Bugs & Request

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thanks, Bugs & Request
    Posted: 28 June 2008 at 7:06pm
I just got back from my first trade show, and it went very well. Thank you to CodeJock and the helpful forum members who were definitely a part the success...Of course, no good deed goes unpunished, and the night before the show, I found a couple of bugs.

I'll start with the MonthCalendar control...First, load up this sample project:

uploads/20080628_190204_MonthCalBug.zip

Then:

1) Run the program, then go to the fridge and grab a beer. Take your time, don't run.
2) Come back, have a sip or two...After 2 minutes the SelChange event will fire (showing a MsgBox) even though you didn't change the selection (at least I hope you didn't, if you were following instructions).

Next:

1)  Click PushButton1, and you will see a MsgBox with Today's date.
2) Dismiss the box, and click another date (any date other than December 30, 1899)
3) Click PushButton1 again and the message box will display 30-12-1899.

Similarly, the Value, SelStart and SelEnd properties return 12:00:00 AM.

Another:

1) Move the Focus to the FlatEdit control, then click on the Item2 tab (once only). The focus does not shift to the TabControl. Clicking the same tab again moves the focus.

Lastly:

I would like to be able to tell if the users changed the Tab selection by mouse or by keyboard. The reason being that if by keyboard, I want the focus to stay on the TabControl so that they can continue keying through the tabs. If by mouse, I want to immediately switch focus to another control so the user can begin typing without having to manually change focus.

I've played around with a mess of mouse & key checking flags and multiple events, but it seems to me that it would be much nicer if the SelectedChanged event had another parameter that explained how it was changed (I presume we would need a SelectedChanged2 event to keep compatibility).

That's it! Thanks a lot...
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.6
Platform: Windows XP - SP3

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2008 at 2:40am
Hello,

Thanks.  Pity you reported it day after 12.0.1 was released.

2 minutes thing is actually feature :-(    You can see same with MonthView from Microsoft CommonControls 3.

Value/Day/Month/Year thing is definitely bug and fixed for next release.

Thanks.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2008 at 11:11am
Hi Oleg,

Sorry about the timing of the reply, but unfortunately the motel I was staying at did not have a Internet connection when I discoverd the problems :(

As for the MonthCalendar/View feature, is that something that CJ will workaround, or is it something that we will have to? I can't imagine a possible use for such a "feature".

Thanks.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.6
Platform: Windows XP - SP3

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 3:39am
Hi,

Here same question and answer about .NET MonthCalendar:

We can't determine if user change selection or its automatically :( Control don't set any flag.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic