Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Property Grid
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SOLVED: PropertyItem width changed event

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SOLVED: PropertyItem width changed event
    Posted: 25 June 2008 at 9:02am
Hi,

Would it be possible to determine if width of item has changed when dragging the splitter. Some event or ....

I'm asking this because I would like to have a progressbar (several) in a propertygriditem (markup!). But when resized it would be nice when the progressbar would resize (it will be) but not the progress itself (maybe it is possible with XAML to resize the progress as well , I can't say because I don't know that )

So I'm asking it here

Thanks in advance
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 3:43pm
Hi,

No, There is no such event :( But you can disable resizing with VariableSplitterPos property.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2008 at 12:44am
Hi,

Maybe I will give it a try. I have a propertygrid inside a dockingpane but in that case I have the resize event of dockingpanes and I could use GetRect/SplitterPos to recalculate the width. 

Maybe ask our XAML guru's first if this could be done with markup

Thanks for reply.

jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 6:08pm
Hi Aaron,

I couldn't get XAML to work for the value side of the PropertyGrid splitter (seems only to work for the Caption side)... Have you gotten it to work?

The only way I can think of to tell if the splitter has changed is to use a timer to poll the SplitterPos property (as you mentioned)...but then the SplitterPos returns a percentage so you would also have to call the sub to redraw your progress bars in the Resize event (as you mentioned).

Using a timer to poll the SplitterPos property is an ugly hack though, so it would be nice if there was a SplitterPosChanged event. At a minimum if there were MouseUp/Down/Move events we could perform the check on SplitterPos there.

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.6
Platform: Windows XP - SP3

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 6:26pm
Hi Jason

I didn't try the markup part yet, but if you didn't get it to work I think can't either :(

Oleg said disabled resizing splitter. So my idea, because the propertygrid is attached to a pane and I could use the resize event of dockingpane to determine rect with GetRect method and SplitterPos percentage.

But if markup can not be used on the value side my idea is useless. Think we have to post another issue...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic