Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Several skinning problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Several skinning problems
    Posted: 18 June 2008 at 8:03pm
1) I can't figure out how to get the CJ controls to use my skinned scrollbar (which appear correctly in other controls).

Notice the skinned scrollbar in the top panel, but the non-skinned scrollbar in the bottom panel (which is a CXTTreeCtrl)

2) Some highlight text colors seem to be unskinnable. How do I replace the light blue color (0x3399ff) being used as the highlight in this list (note also the unskinned scrollbar):

This is a CXTPCombo (drop-list style), but I'm seeing this color in other places as well, though it is nowhere to be found in my skin file, and I cannot figure out what property I need to add to override it.

3) The skin builder application does not work properly on Vista. Will this be fixed for 12.0.1?

Thanks!

Here is my skin project (zipped up).

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2008 at 1:52am
Hi,

Did you add manifest for your application ?
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Smucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2008 at 4:07am
Yes. I get the same results whether:
  1. No manifest added
  2. Linker's automatic manifest used
  3. Manual manifest used
Other notes and issues that might shed some light:
  • All "control" scrollbars are rendered using the skin; window scrollbars are not.
  • Edit controls show a white background (the skin specifies dark gray) until I click on them, when they show a gray rectangle that doesn't fill the box. Read-only edit controls are fine, as are edit controls in toolbars and commandbars.

• Empty list boxes are correctly gray until item(s) are inserted; then, the items are gray, but everything below the items is white.

• When a listbox item is selected, the incorrect highlight color is shown:

What could I be doing wrong??

Thanks!

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2008 at 2:09pm
Hello,

Please reproduce scrollbar problem with one of our sample and attach project here.
Oleg, Support Team
Smucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2008 at 9:53pm
The problem occurs when xtpSkinApplyFrame is not set.

Run SkinMDISample, select any local or system skin, then turn off "Apply frame skin." Any scrollbars attached to windows are no longer skinned.

As I'm on Vista, I want the standard Vista Aero frame (anything else looks really BAD).

Here is a screen shot after selecting the Luna skin and turning off apply to frame:

Scroll bars in the system dialogs are wrong too. I don't remember seeing the problem in 11.2, but I wasn't working as much with skins then.

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2008 at 1:37am
Hi,

Yes. ScrollBar is part of Frame. Its  not designed to skin them without xtpSkinApplyFrame
Oleg, Support Team
Smucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2008 at 4:26am
That's horribly broken! It makes it impossible to get a good skinned look on Vista with Aero. I'm even using the Codejock controls for my tree and property grid -- surely these internal controls should be skinnable!

Even scroll bars for listboxes aren't skinned -- how can the scroll bar for selecting font size below be part of the "frame"?

If there is a technical reason for this poor design, please explain. I'm committed to Codejock and have spent many days getting things to work so far. I really don't want to give it up now!

I wouldn't even mind delving into the skin framework to fix this bug for you, but I have no technical documentation on the internals of the libraries. If you can make some available to me (in English ), I'll start work on it today.

Smucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2008 at 4:33am
Also, do you have any ideas about the wrong background color in edit controls and wrong highlight color for selected list box and combo items? The listbox/combo control problem has been mentioned several times on the forums without any response.

Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic