Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

About xtreme Toolkit Architecture

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vijaymahajan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: About xtreme Toolkit Architecture
    Posted: 17 June 2008 at 7:58am
Hello,

I have one doubt. I have implemented the ribbon bar in my MDI application.Also i implemented it in Dialog based application as well.
While handling the events of controls,i was screwed at one point.
Many of the event handlers of controls in a ribbon bar,are handled in a
View class.

1)As Ribbon bar is also like a toolbar,means it is also a part of a mainframe,then how can we handle the events of controls from a ribbon bar in view class? How the notification is directly sent from mainframe to view.Because when event happens, it shuld be directly given to the parent window.mainframe is a parent window for all the controls in a ribbon bar,then how is view handling the events?

2)How can i get the information of xtreame toolkit's architecture,so that i can get clear idea about it and then i will be able to implement it in my project properly.

3)How the position of controls is maintained in a ribbon bar. Can we handle the position of controls in ribbon bar explicitely? Also can we put controls in a ribbon bar without putting them in a group?

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 2:02pm

Hi,

It works like standad MFC Commands - you can add ON_COMMAND handler in Frame, View or Document.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
vijaymahajan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vijaymahajan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 11:53pm
Yes,that i understood.Means we can handle the events in view,mainfram etc etc,i agree.
1)But what if u want to handle the events in one separate class other than the framework classes?

2)If i write one separate class for handling the events,i have to derive it from CWND or classes derived from CWND.What u suggest,if i want to proceed in this way?

3)Also if we handle the events in view or something,it has to be there in memory that time,otherwise we wont be able to handle the events there.Isnt?

Finally,i want to handle the events in a separate class, instead of all these framework classes. How can i do that ? From which class shall i derive my class ? How the controls on the ribbon bar will keep contact with this new class ? means how can i make my class as a parent of the controls on ribbon bar?
Please explain in detail. i am screwed at this point.
Thanks for ur kind support.

Thanks and regards,
Vijay.

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 12:37am
You want strange things. :) Catch in in CFrameWnd and forget about additional class.
Oleg, Support Team
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vijaymahajan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 2:25am
Sir,
I am sorry.May be i am not able to tell u properly about what i want to do.
Currently we have our application as MFC MDI application.In which we are using one DialogBar as a toolbar. On this dialog we are placing all our toolbar buttons. This dialog we are loading on mainframes create function.So till mainframe is in memory,this dialog also is there.
and all the event handlers of the toolbar buttons we are handling in this dialogbar's class which is derived from CInitDialogBar.
So,i want to keep,the same pattern while using the ribbon bar also.
Otherwise my mainframe class will be too much heavy if i handle all the events in mainframe or view,and it will be very difficult at the time of maintainance.
Its very urgent,as i have to deliver the whole approach to my collegues to take the project forward with this ribbon bar concept.
Thanks for your kind support.Hope u will reply as early as possible.
Please guide me accordingly.

Thanks And Regards,
Vijay Mahajan.
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 3:29am
Hi,

You can create additional
CFrameEvents : public CFrameWnd
where you can catch al events and

CMainFrame : public CFrameEvents
where you can add methods.
Oleg, Support Team
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vijaymahajan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 5:23am

Hello,

Thanks for replying my questions so fast. Thanks again. Its really a very good experience to learn these new things from you. Still i have some doubts,Please guide me accordingly.

1)Currently our mainframe class is derived from CMDIFrameWnd. now if we derive it from CFrameEvent which is derived from CFrameWnd,wont it reduce any functionality?

2) Please make it clear abt u said as "write the methods in CMainframe".
Means do u want me to declare the events in message map of class derived from CFrameWnd and write the definations of the event handling functions in CMainframe ? If yes,Why so ? Then it will again be the same thing. Why cant we write the methods in the .cpp file of the same class which we will derive from CFrameWnd ? 

I know i am asking too many questions,but its really needed for me to clear all the concepts before deciding any approach for implementing this ribbon bar and new ui concepts.

Hope you will reply as early as possible.

Thanks And regards,
Vijay
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 7:05am
Hi,

Obviously you need CFrameEvents : public CXTPMDIFrameWnd in this case.

Oleg, Support Team
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic