Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VS 2005 Docking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Santos L Helper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VS 2005 Docking
    Posted: 19 August 2004 at 12:30pm
ToolkitPro v9.1 claims VS 2005-style docking algorithms.  How do I enable these in my code?  The response to Maui's question included references to AlphaDockingContext and ShowDockingContextStickers - what class or structure are those properties a member of?  A search of the documentation yields nothing, and I have better things to do than rifle through 3rd-party source all day.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2004 at 12:33pm
This is the docking pane section, so I assumed you would know where to start looking

DockingPaneManager.Options.AlphaDockingContext = True
    DockingPaneManager.Options.ShowDockingContextStickers = True
Maui View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2004 at 3:29pm

It wouldnt matter how good you were at looking because this information isnt in the documentation.

There are 8 properties listed under DockingPaneOptions Object Members and neither of these two are there.

There is also no mention of this feature in the Docking Pane examples.

It baffels me how you guys can take the time to 1. code something this involved, 2. create such stunning graphics for your website and 3. write a product spec to advertise this new feature yet you somehow can overlook 1. letting new customers know how to implement this feature, 2. neglect to inform existing subscription customers that this feature had been added and 3. not including any documentaion or samples for all users.???

I have already made a post about the bad documentation pre Report Control and I had hoped from the feedback I received on that that things were getting better but I guess not.

edit : I just looked at the release notes and see that you did let us know these properties had been added.
    CXTPDockingPaneManager::SetAlphaDockingContext added 
    CXTPDockingPaneManager::SetShowDockingContextStickers added
But.... without any explination these are just two properties that could mean/do anything.

Also underneith these two point I noticed "DockingContainers sample added"
I never got this.
All I have are the MDI and SDI samples.

Edited by Maui
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2004 at 3:47pm
You are right, they are missing.  I'm not sure what happened.  I guess the changes to the documentation did not get compiled into the release.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2004 at 3:52pm
The DockingContainers sample is a MFC project.  In VB, if you open up the SDI sample and select Docking Panes->Docking Context, you will see how to use these properties.
Maui View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2004 at 5:16am

You are right, these features do exist in the SDI example. Apologies for saying you didnt provide any samples on these features when infact you did.

The problem is that I had already been through the SDI example and so had no reason to revisit it, especially not to look for features that I didnt know existed.

Perhaps in the future you could consider sending out a "new features added" email to your subscription customers advising them of new features that have been added and how any new features / changes effect them.

I had no idea that this feature had been added until I happened across it when I visited your homepage by chance. If it werent for the screenshot posted there I still wouldnt have known about this great new feature.

Maui View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2004 at 5:23am

Regarding the release notes.

I see you already have a sub section which details any AxtiveX specific releases.

If the DockingContainers sample is only for MFC then it should be in an "MFC only" subsection  rather than letting us assume it is global addition.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic