Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Property Grid
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What has changed?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote douglashogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What has changed?
    Posted: 26 July 2003 at 4:20am

Hi Guys,

What has changed with the XTPropertyGrid class between the XTreme toolkit, XTreme Property Grid, and XTreme toolkit pro?

I am waiting for the XTPro to come out but is there any point in upgrading from XT regular? I can see only one immediate advantage, the new pinnable windows.

Is it the case that your priority is porting the software to other environments (.NET C#, VB .Net) and are not really concentrating on upgrading the functionality of the core toolkit? Customizable toolbars with Combo Boxes seems to be an obvious omission for a toolkit that mirrors Dev Studio. Also, will the new XTPropertyGridItem support styles such as pgiHasCheckBoxButton or giHasRadioButton. These seem like omissions in what is a nearly comprehensive toolkit.

Also, I cannot download my free copy of the XTreme Property Grid. When I view the order page with the downloads, I have available downloads but there are no hyperlinks to the files.

Thanks

Douglas Hogan

kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2003 at 9:53am

Hi Douglas,

To see a complete list of changes for the Property Grid, you can visit the property grid product page and view the release notes.  The link is located on the right side of the page just under the "Supported Environments" table where you see "Click Here to view what's new in this version".

There are several advantages to upgrading from the standard to the professional version.  Some of those include as you said pinnable auto-hide windows, full theme support and office style customization for menus and toolbars, OneNote style MDI tabs, Office 2003 theme support including Outlook 2003 shortcut bar and Windows Explorer task pane.

We are still concentrating our efforts on developing Xtreme Toolkit Professional and Standard versions.  With the professional version we have developed 3 separate components that can be used independently: 

Xtreme Docking Pane, Xtreme Property Grid and Xtreme Command Bars. 

Each of these components when combined make up the Xtreme Suite.  Each of these individual components have been written in Visual C++ but made available to ActiveX and .NET using managed code.  Each of these components contains enhanced docking algorithms based on our own proprietary architecture and not the MFC's control bar framework.  This allows for greater control and flexibility over your application workspace.

The Xtreme Toolkit Pro combines the best of all products. It takes the advanced features and functionality that is found in the Xtreme Suite product and combines it with the common controls that are found in the standard version of Xtreme Toolkit. This gives you a very comprehensive and feature rich product.

In the future if you are have problems with downloading, please send an email to support@codejock.com.  It appears that you have been able to download since this message was posted.

Kind regards,
Codejock Support

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic