Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin Lost on Minimize

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote origos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skin Lost on Minimize
    Posted: 15 May 2008 at 2:55am
I have a MDI Form with a Ribbon bar and apply a different Office2007.cjstyles skin when a different Office2007.dll is selected.

When the child window is minimized, the restore buttons lose the applied skin. The skin is recovered when I hove the mouse over the minimized child window.

Some other not codejock controls start to redraw strangely after minimizing-restoring the child windos several times.

Am I doing something wrong or is a bug in skinframework?

Is there a workaround?

Thanks!

By the way, the new skin builder is great!

Enjoy life. Everything is OK...
origos View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote origos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 9:44pm
Any ideas so far?

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 1:36am
Hi,

Very odd description. "Some controls", "sometimes".
What some controls. Can you reproduce it with new app?  Can you attach sample that show problem.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
origos View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote origos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 2:33am
Well, the control that I need to use but looses the skin is ComponentOne TDBCombo.
I said sometimes because it happens randomly, but it will happen with no doubt after minimizing and restoring the Child Window from 3 to 8 times.

But the control buttons of the Child form always draw incorrectly when it is minimized.

How can I attach a sample for you?

origos View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote origos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 3:31am
I striped out all the database access code from the project and is ready to be sended (in 7z compression format), but I don't know how to attach it so you can test it.

origos View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote origos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 4:06am
uploads/20080516_035824_CyA.rar

ON the login screen just press Return (Enter).

Select Tab "Notaria 30 Grupos"
Then click on button "Registro" to open the Form.
If you minimize it, the window buttons will not have the skin and would look very weird.

Then, if you restore it, and minimize it again, and restore it several times, the TDBCombo will also be drawn weird.

Thanks for your help Oleg.

origos View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote origos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 4:11am
Other way to get the same weird behavior is this:

Select Tab "Opciones Generales" (after opening the form "Registro") and change the theme & skin using the drop down button "Colores", after changing the style 2-5 times the combo box looses the skin.

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 2:42pm
HI,

Its conflict of Office2007frame and SkiNFramework.

if you have SkinFramework you don't need call
frmCyAMain.CommandBars1.EnableOffice2007FrameHandle mfrmRegistro.hwnd

comment it and problem will be resolved.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
origos View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote origos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 4:42pm
Yes, you are right, the problem started when I changed the skin from Vista to Office2007 (available in version 12).

You are an ace.
It completely solved the problem of the TDBCombo and the buttons of the minimized child window, when you minimize it clicking on the minimize button.

BUT, the form also gets minimized by code clicking on a different tab. The buttons still redraw inadequately using this method.

Scroll down the image to see the problem.

origos View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote origos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 10:16pm
Hello again,

Bad news  :(

The problem only got solved in the IDE Environment.

When I make the EXE and run it, then changing the Theme Style from 3 to 6 times gets the TDBCombos to redraw without the Border as before.

Is there an easy to implement code to make the Codejock combobox to behave similar to the MS DataCombo or TDBCombo (Using keys (IDs) instead indexes for the list elements)?

Or to make the MS DataCombo to be drawn with the codejock theme? (only the opened list gets affected by the theme, but not the button nor the textbox part)

That way I could stop using the TDBCombo altogether.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic