Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SkinBuilder Plug & Pray properties

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SkinBuilder Plug & Pray properties
    Posted: 14 May 2008 at 2:24pm
Hi,

I have chosen the name of the subject for a reason:
  • Adding properties to some items (for example System Metrics) seem to do nothing at all in the preview window. But if you would build the Style anyway you can see that the property actually does work.
  • Adding properties to items which actually do nothing, ever...
  • So it's difficult to determine which property you can add and which property you can add and does function.

Options to optimize this feature:

1. I would like (I think we all do ?!?!) some kind of manual in which the properties are defined (prefer with some help),  the function of the property, is the property related to the item , ....)
  2. Build this feature in SkinBuilder and have only those properties which actually do function and update the Preview window for all possible items.

The only one who knows, what the property does for some item, is the development team itself. I don't want to invent the wheel again by trying, building and hoping it will function... Way to much properties to choose from

Thanks in advance
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 4:01pm
The original version listed 10 times the amount of useless\not used properties
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 1:02am
Originally posted by SuperMario SuperMario wrote:

The original version listed 10 times the amount of useless\not used properties

Hi,

Yes and ??? Reduce the amount of properties again I would say. What holds you back to give us a list to choose from, with only those properties which actually do something? Prefer you would do this in SkinBuilder but could be a document where I can find a certain item.

Document:
The red marked properties aren't needed with the item

• Toolbar
    • Button
      • BgFill - This will blah blah blah
      • ContentMargins - This will blah blah blah
    • Drop Down Button

At least give us something to fall back on.

Thank you

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 8:16am
I just meant that it is the first release and it will be improved with each release.  I'll see what can be done.  But the end goal would be to only list properties that do something, so there would be no trial and error.
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 8:53am
Hi,

That is what I wanted to hear

Thank you very much

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 10:02am
Just an update.

I have been told that in 12.0.0 all properties listed actually do something.  The reason some seem not to work its because some properties depend on others.  If one property for example is set to state A, then property 2 will not work.   But Property 2 can't just be remove, because the user can switch Property 1 to state B and then Property 2 will work.

So no the challenge is to find a good way to let the user know the situation.  We will have something worked out for 12.1.

Note 12.0.1 will be coming out, but this will not be included.  Will have to wait for 12.1.
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 10:02pm
Hi,

Thanks for the update. I will wait for V12.1 release to find out if "your being told person" is right about the properties

Thanks

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2008 at 8:35am
Hi,

I only checked one thing as I informed you a while ago... The property <ContentAlignment> for caption isn't showing in the list. I will not check other things as "your being told person" said there would be all properties which would actually do something. Well <ContentAlignment> is one of the most important properties which will be changed for a certain style. Let the "your being told person" step up to the plate or give us a list where we can find the (available/ actually do something) properties ourselves.

Thanks

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2009 at 1:22am
Originally posted by Aaron Aaron wrote:

Hi,

I only checked one thing as I informed you a while ago... The property <ContentAlignment> for caption isn't showing in the list. I will not check other things as "your being told person" said there would be all properties which would actually do something. Well <ContentAlignment> is one of the most important properties which will be changed for a certain style. Let the "your being told person" step up to the plate or give us a list where we can find the (available/ actually do something) properties ourselves.

Thanks

Same in V13.1

This is just one example of a property that actually is needed and it's not in the list. So "your being told person" isn't paying attention with what he/she is doing. It's a great tool but it could be a better one...

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic