Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tooltip context delay time

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tooltip context delay time
    Posted: 20 April 2009 at 2:19pm
I am trying to set the delay time of a tooltip context. I am making the call but it seems to have zero effect. So I tried a couple of your  samples. In the tooltip context sample, my call works. But in the ribbon sample, the call does not have any effect. For that sample I opened mainfrm.cpp and added one line of code after the sample sets the initial delay time to 900:

pToolTipContext->SetDelayTime(TTDT_INITIAL, 900);

pToolTipContext->SetDelayTime(TTDT_RESHOW, 900);

When I build and run the sample, as I move over the ribbon and hesitate until the first tip shows and then move over the adjacent controls the tip immediately pops up. We are setting the delay time in our app on the frame's command bars (as the ribbon sample does) and we see the same thing. I also set the delay time on our task panel and in other places but none of the calls seem to work.

I did set a break in the CJ tooltip context FilterToolTipMessageHelper function where after creating the tip the call to set the time is made (verifying the CJ context pointer is the ones I am setting the delay time for). I do see that our time is sent to the control so at this point I don't know what else I can do.

How do we set a consistent delay time?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic