Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin disappears on one form...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiStErX45433 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skin disappears on one form...
    Posted: 27 March 2008 at 3:27am
Greetings all! I am new here, have just gotten the Xtreme SuitPro ActiveX and am having a small problem. I have searched as best I could but couldn't find a suitable explanation. So here goes. I am having the same issue as what is produced from another forum member in this post, except with a few minor differences. Didn't quote it as I didn't want to make this post extremely long.

I currently have a very simple project as I am only testing the features before actual production....One MDI form(Main Form) and one about box. On the MDI form, I have a menustrip containing a toolstripmenuitem called "about my program" that opens up the about box. I have made absolutely sure that I have placed only one call for the skinframework for the whole application and that it's on my main form. Everything works great until after I have opened the about box via the MDI menu. It isn't skinned but my main form is. I've also noticed that if I do place a skinframework control on the about box form as well, it is skinned when being called by the MDI form but the skinning completely disappears on the main MDI form when the about box is closed. Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. I hope I made enough sense.

I am currently working with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 V8.0 .Net Framework 2.0 and Windows XP Home SP2.

Regards,
MiStErX45433
Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow
ijwelch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ijwelch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 9:23am
Hi,

Is it the AutoApplyNewWindows property?

Ian
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by ijwelch ijwelch wrote:

Hi,

Is it the AutoApplyNewWindows property?

Ian

By default this is true.  So unless he is setting it to False that isn't the problem.

Post your sample project here and I'll fix it.
MiStErX45433 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiStErX45433 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 4:08pm
Thanks for the replys. It isn't because of the AutoApplyNewWindows property...it is set to true as well as the NewThreads property. I've attached my sample file so I hope to get some more insight on this....otherwise I am baffled as I am completely new to all of this. Thanks again!

uploads/20080327_160602_Sample_VB_Proje.zip

Best Regards,
MiStErX45433
Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2008 at 7:06am
Hi,

Sorry, it doesn't work with .NET products. For .NET you have manually apply each window :(
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiStErX45433 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2008 at 2:27pm
Thank you for the info oleg. I don't have a problem with applying it to each and every window as I don't intend having too many anyway.  My question though is related to my first post...I have even tried doing it that way and like I said, the two windows I got so far do get skinned, but once I close out that about box while the main MDI form is still up, the skin disappears on it. Is there a "different" way of calling the skinframework control other than what is stated in the manual if I do it that way manually for each window? Thanks again and I apology if this post is overly noobish. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiStErX45433 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2008 at 9:11pm
Problem solved now....it really was such a simple mistake and a noob thing to do on my part. For future reference to newcomers and the like, here is what happened and what I did to resolve my issue from my first post.

First off, I placed skin controls on both forms I had....took the one off that was on my secondary form but left the main MDI form alone. That was the first problem. Secondly, I wasn't referencing the mainMDI form properly in the form load event of my secondary form. I simply placed my form name and then a dot in front of the apply window method...
mainMDI.AxSkinFramework.ApplyWindow(Me.Handle)
Thirdly, I was calling the load skin method for a second time in my secondary form which obviously was not necessary, so I simply removed that from it's form load event. I am not 100% sure if this is the proper way to do this, but for me it worked. I don't get any errors doing it this way but for you it may be different.

Thanks again to all who posted to try and help. And keep up on the awesome job of creating great software for developers!

Peace,
MiStErX45433
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic