Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Report Control
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Indicate Combo present as cell's in-place control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Indicate Combo present as cell's in-place control

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Indicate Combo present as cell's in-place control
    Posted: 25 March 2009 at 10:27am
Add extra image to your image list with combobox-like triangle arrow
Add simple code while adding items to new record
   Set Item = Record.AddItem(Status)
    Item.Icon = 11
    Item.Alignment = xtpAlignmentIconRight
  Now you will always see Combox-like arrow in non-active cell
Same for other buttons - just use related images (e.g. [...])

keepITcool View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepITcool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 5:46am
Your example crashed in ControlTest/HeaderFooter Test.
I've experienced similar crashes, with incomplete records.
Xtreme :SuitePro (ActiveX) version 13.1.0
Language: VB 6.0
Platform: WinXP/Win7(32+64bit)
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 9:28am
May be but how this related to added icon? But thank you - it was a bug in sample:

void CTaskRecord::GetItemMetrics(XTP_REPORTRECORDITEM_DRAWARGS* pDrawArgs, XTP_REPORTRECORDITEM_METRICS* pItemMetrics){

CTaskListView* pView = DYNAMIC_DOWNCAST(CTaskListView, pDrawArgs->pControl->GetParent());

if (!pView) return; == THIS LINE WAS MISSING

if (pView->GetReportCtrl().IsIconView())

You can get update of static app from same link as before

keepITcool View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepITcool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 12:22pm
Alas little relation, sorry for that. Regarding your icon method:  When i tried it I have a problem with the aligment of the edited text which shows up  double. I'll try to explain: The icon is right-aligned. The "original" text is left aligned, but when i press the dropdown the "edit text" is (LEFT!) indented for the width of the icon.

I'm new to the ReportControl. Evaluating migration from 10Tec's Igrid... looks very promising.

Xtreme :SuitePro (ActiveX) version 13.1.0
Language: VB 6.0
Platform: WinXP/Win7(32+64bit)
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 2:39pm
It was already fixed bug (fixed couple days before only - Mike was a hero who found it!) - try run again from same link - now inplace editor properly located from very beginning of item rectangle. (Again - bug was not related to extra icon of item - in was wrong in-place editor positioning). Recebt ActiveX also has same fix 
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2009 at 12:01pm
You can use now  new mode wndReportControl.PaintManager.ShowNonActiveInPlaceButton = True
all in-place controls setted as inside cell (e.g. use Column.EditOptions.AddComboButton True) will show inplacer always (in active and non-active mode)
No need for custom icons
ReyesRP View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReyesRP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 9:32am

Was this also added to the MFC version? If so, in what version of the library? I'm not seeing it in the 13.1 CXTPReportPaintManager.

I have been using the icon / resize in-place control trick for years, but if that is now built in I can remove that code from my derived version of the control.

ReyesRP View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReyesRP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 9:41am

Also, can you have both an icon and the in-place button then?

I seem to recall that in the pre-markup version of the control that you could only have one icon in a cell, so I used up that icon when I added the icon to represent the combo button.

So, now could I have a left aligned icon and the combo button shown in a cell at the same time?

I imagine this could be done with markup as well, but with schedules being what they are, I have not had time to experiment with that much...

mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 10:46am
It is 13.2 feature - look in current source updates  - https://forum.codejock.com/uploads/DemoVersion/ReportControlMFCUpdated.rar
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic