Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Multiple Themes Not Working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Multiple Themes Not Working
    Posted: 30 December 2004 at 7:40am

My primary applicaction uses the Office 2003 theme with luna colors.  I have a modal dialog that uses CommandBars where I did not want the luna colors to appear (just didn't look good).  That form has its own instance of CommandBars where it uses the Office 2003 theme with luna colors turned off.

The main form displays correctly.  When I open the modal dialog, it will display correctly as well.  However, some time after closing that modal dialog, the main form will loose its luna colors.  This doesn't happen immediately, so it's hard to trace the exact cause.

Is there some "global" setting in CommandBars that might be making these two instances get confused about the luna colors setting?

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2004 at 12:10pm

Yes, Boyd, Luna colors is global settings. It can't be turn for one instance and not for another.

Try to set it again after dialog closing.

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Boyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2004 at 4:50pm

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.  Is there any documentation to indicate which settings are global?  I want to be sure I prevent this behavior with any other settings as well.

Finally, can I assume that this setting is global only for the specific application?  In other words, will my CommandBars instances on other applications start behaving differently if I change a global setting in one app?  I wouldn't think so, but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks for the feedback!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic