Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Get theme Color from DLL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gibra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Get theme Color from DLL
    Posted: 25 February 2010 at 6:35am
Scenario:
VB2008 SP1 - Windows XP SP3

my form use a Ribbonbar, like RibbonSample.sln sample project shipped in SuitePro 13.2.1,
where I can change different Styles loading the appropriate library:
Office2007Black.dll, Office2007Aqua.dll, ...

I load the library using appropriate statement, example:

CommandBarsGlobalSettings.Office2007Images = IO.Path.GetDirectoryName(Application.ExecutablePath) + "\\..\\Styles\\Office2007Aqua.dll"
All work fine.

Now, what i would is to know how to get the colors (and images) from the current DLL loaded.
I know that DLL contains this info, then I have try to search if CommandBar control contains methods or properties to get them, but I not found nothing to help me.
Please note that I DON'T want change any colors or images in library!!!
I want simply retrieve colors (and images).

The goal is to use this settings to apply colors and images to other form.
I already know that I can apply theme style to other forms using the below statement:

CommandBars.EnableOffice2007FrameHandle(MyForm.Handle.ToInt32())

this change only the form border aspect, but doesn't change any other color. I.e. form BackColor, ForeColor still uses the System colors.
Also, when I use a PushButton with Appearance = 6 (xtpAppearanceOffice2007) when I apply the theme Office2007Black to the form, the PushButton still to use Office2007Blue theme, of course. I would be able to reflect the Black theme instead of Blue theme.

Briefly, I would achieve same results using the SkinControl which use .cjstyles. 

Anyone can help me about?

Thank!

gibra
CJ SuiteControl v: 13.x to 19.x
Windows 10 64bit
VS2019 - VB6.0 SP6
<a href="http://nuke.vbcorner.net/Home/tabid/36/language/en-US/Default.aspx" rel="nofollow">VS/VB 6.0 Installer v6.8
tjsivies View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjsivies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2010 at 12:08am
I too would like to be able to determine which set of colors are selected when the ribbon loads. This way I can show the user  by checking a button the color that is selected. I note that this is not done in the sample projects.

Also where are the setting kept? In the registry? If so where?

Thx

Trevor

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 13.3.0 
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6
gibra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gibra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 5:05pm
OK, after some test seem that the only way is to use together DLL library + SkinFramework (which use *.cjstyle libraries).

If you need help, I can make a sample project.
Let me know.
gibra
CJ SuiteControl v: 13.x to 19.x
Windows 10 64bit
VS2019 - VB6.0 SP6
<a href="http://nuke.vbcorner.net/Home/tabid/36/language/en-US/Default.aspx" rel="nofollow">VS/VB 6.0 Installer v6.8
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic