Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Property Grid
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SOLVED: PropertyItemCategory inplacebuttons

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SOLVED: PropertyItemCategory inplacebuttons
    Posted: 27 March 2008 at 1:29am
Hi,

Is it possible to have inplacebuttons on a category? In fact it doesn't matter what kind of item as long I can click on it and it fires an event
Any possible solution for this?

Thanks in advance
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
Baldur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 10:31am
I think that this is not possible, because Categories are hidden when you sort by property.
I solve this problem with using a PropertyItem and childitems.
The mainitem has buttons and will be canceled for edit in the RequestEdit event.
So the buttons can be used.
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 3:27pm
Hi,

Yes I know I can use a PropertyItem with childitems. I was hoping for some kind of workaround. Maybe the CJ developers will add this feature  in the next version. 

I would rather use the category items because it looks nicer. Only the caption is selected and not the whole item area.  When using PropertyItems you don't see the difference between a main or a child item and I see a small flicker when cancelling the request edit.

Thanks anyway for your reply
Baldur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2008 at 2:42pm
You can change the captionmetrics and valuemetrics to apear as category, and if the cpu is fast, you have no flicker.
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2008 at 2:20am
Hi,

That's not entirely true, the selection area of a category is only the caption and second the identation of the childs increases when using a propertygrid item (without workarounds, but we don't want that) . I think there are advantages and disadvantages with this and I believe it's still a workaround and when using it this way you have just the looks of an extended Treeview with 2 columns. That brings me to the original post: is it possible to have inplace buttons to a PropertyItemCategory?

Thank you anyway for your replies
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2008 at 2:31am
Hi,

This possible in V12.0
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2008 at 3:16am
Hi,
Thanks for suggestion about  inplacebuttons for category :-) think it can be used as filter or something.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic