Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Syntax Edit
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Printing syntax edit text

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Printing syntax edit text
    Posted: 17 March 2008 at 1:45pm
The Syntax edit sample has the section of code that prints the contents of the control commented out. Looking at the code, it looks like the text in the control is pasted into a hidden richtext control, and then the richtext control is used to send the text to the printer.

I would like to test if this is the way to print (why was it commented out in the sample anyway?). In order to use the richtext control in the way I described above, I need to be able to select all the text in the SyntaxEdit control and paste them into the richtext conmtrol, however, the SyntaxEdit control does not exposes methods/propertes that allows programatically selecting all of its text into the clipboard (along with formatting info).

Does anyone know how to print the contents of the SyntaxEdit control (along with the syntax highlighting colors)?
AndreiM View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndreiM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 4:07am
The syntax edit does not use RichEdit (no other controls).

To print text just call
    wndSyntaxEdit.PrintText2 True

See PrintOptions to customize printing.

The commented out code shows how to print to the devive context by its handle (HDC).

The PrintText2 method show you dialog to select printer or print to the default printer.
The commented out code also shows how you can select pinter yourself.
Neil View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 7:41am
Hi Andrei,

I cannot find the PrintText2 method on the SyntaxEdit control (I am using v11.2.0). I have also searched the online documentation , but cannot find that method in the help file either - could you please provide further info?

thanks
Neil View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 7:47am
Hi Andrei,

Is there a PrintText method also, that allows me to print without displaying the printer dialog box ?
AndreiM View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndreiM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 8:37am
Hi,
Please use the latest version (11.2.2).

The Printing added since 11.2.1.

See the folowing method and properties.

PrintText(OLE_HANDLE lHDC)
  PrintText2(VARIANT_BOOL bShowPrintDialog)
  PrintPreview(VARIANT_BOOL ShowPrintDialog)

PrintOptions
  PrintPreviewOptions
Neil View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 1:43pm
Hi Andrei,

How do I get a copy of 11.2.2?. Is it a free upgrade?. I only bought version 11.2.0 a few months ago. Please respond ASAP.

Thanks
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Neil Neil wrote:

Hi Andrei,

How do I get a copy of 11.2.2?. Is it a free upgrade?. I only bought version 11.2.0 a few months ago. Please respond ASAP.

Thanks

It depends on whether you purchased a 1 year maintenance subscription, if you bought a couple months ago then your 30 days would have expired.

I suggest you contact sales.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic