Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UseCustomHeap(), ReserveSize(), other....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddlittle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UseCustomHeap(), ReserveSize(), other....
    Posted: 13 March 2008 at 10:59pm
I have five separate reports, each with around 150,000 lines (sometimes even more).  right now, i populate each row one at a time, and it takes around 30 seconds to complete.  I noticed a couple of functions in 11.22 called UseReportCustomHeap(), Use RowBatchAllocation(), and CXTPReportRows::ReserveSize().  I put UseReportCustomHeap() and UseRowBatchAllocation() in my apps, initinstance and it made report creation take 40 seconds instead of 30.  I removed UseRowBatchAllocation() and it reverted to 30 seconds.  I found ReserveSize() in the header, which I call like this:

m_DrawingReport.GetRows()->ReserveSize(25000,25000);

That had noaffect at all.  I stepped into it, and it calls CArray::SetSize(), but changes my numbers to growby 1 and maxsize=10.  I must be using them wrong. 

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks!

- David Little
- Houston Texas
markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2008 at 2:39pm
Hi David,

The best explanation I've found of these methods can be found here:

https://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=7921&KW=UseReportCustomHeap

Look for Sergey's response post, currently near the bottom of the thread.

This is the kind of stuff I wish CodeJock would address more thoroughly - either via the product documentation or in knowledge base articles of some kind.

Anyway, I believe you'll need to produce a release build of your application to notice the effect of these methods.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic