Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Office2007 Black

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Office2007 Black
    Posted: 27 February 2008 at 10:45am
There seems to be a problem when you skin an app with the office 2007 style

for starters, the Office2007.cjstyles file only contains Blue and Aqua.  That DLL doesn't contain resources for Black and Silver.

When you look into the projects that build Office2007Black.dll and Office2007Silver.dll, the INI file formats are completely different.

When I load Office2007Black.dll as a skin, I get big chunky black boxes everywhere.  The frame shape looks like the Dire Straits Money for Nothing video - cool in 1984, but pretty chunky now!

I can get the app frame, skin and dialogs all working sweet with Blue and Aqua (using Office2007.cjstyles).

I've tried several methods:

option 1.

XTPSkinManager()->LoadSkin("Styles/Office2007Black.dll", "OFFICE2007BLACK.INI")

option 2.

XTPSkinManager()->GetResourceFile()->SetModuleHandle(LoadLibrary("Styles/Office2007Black.dll"));
XTPSkinManager()->LoadSkin(NULL, "OFFICE2007BLACK.INI")

option 3.

include the Office2007Black.rc file in my .RC2, and use

XTPSkinManager()->GetResourceFile()->SetModuleHandle(AfxGetInstanceHandle());
XTPSkinManager()->LoadSkin(NULL, "OFFICE2007BLACK.INI")

I've tried all sorts of other combinations.

I get one of 2 outcomes.

1. No skinning.  In this case, the frame looks ok, and the commandbars etc, but dialogs are native XP.

2. Chunky skinning.

adrien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 11:00am
I found something interesting

If you open the .cjstyles files in MSDev as resources, and look into the INI file embedded in it, it's in UNICODE.

If you look at the DLL files, they aren't.

In the past when I worked with a style DLL, the INI file had to be unicode in order to load at all from the style manager.

I'll try rebuilding that by saving the file as unicode (needs a BOM marker at the start of the file ).
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 11:12am

They have totally diffferent formats. Don't use file from ribbon styles as skin for whole application.

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
adrien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 11:22am
didn't make any difference in this one.

It's like the image loader isn't finding any images.

I'm still very suspicious about the differences in the INI files, how is the loader supposed to get all the extra information that's in a cjstyle file from nowhere?  The metrics for starters aren't in the INI file for the other ones.
adrien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 11:23am
Originally posted by oleg oleg wrote:

They have totally diffferent formats. Don't use file from ribbon styles as skin for whole application.

So that means there is no skin for Office2007 black then?
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 1:41pm
Hi,

Yes, now we don't have black Office2007 skin. :( Check Vist.cjstyles maybe black skin from Vista can work for you.
Oleg, Support Team
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 2:02pm
btw there are some quite nice skins in deviantart.
Check this one http://andymorum.deviantart.com/art/Office-2007-47655257 it has blue and black colors.
Oleg, Support Team
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 2:14pm
Oleg, Support Team
adrien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 7:03pm
OK.  Is there any plan to make one?

I built a project for a couple of skins before for CJ, I'll see if I can piece one
together for Office2007 black based on the resources from the ribbon bar.
jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2008 at 10:19pm
FWIW, I vote for Office2007Black skin as well...
brain88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brain88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2008 at 8:52am
I Need solution for this problem
if any one can help me plz send me  simple project .
office 2007 style in SDI IN VS2005

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic