Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Report control

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zaksoft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Report control
    Posted: 22 July 2004 at 1:48am

The new report controls looks great, but users want always to have a printed version... Do you plan to implement this in future release?

WYSIWYGAPT

What You See Is What You Get And Print Too

Davide

VS2008 SP1 - VS2010 SP1 - VS2012 - MFC MBCS Statically linked
XTP 15.3.1 Static Link
---------------------------------------------------------
Davide Zaccanti - ZakSoft - www.zaksoft.com
Karnize View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karnize Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2004 at 10:33am

Hello,

I agreed with previous message, control looks great and printing is highly necessary. I started to use it immediately since I waiting for control like this for a long time and found very annoying graphical flaw at once.

I upload the sample image to the server (Report.jpg) but I don`t know how to insert it to this message so I will try to explain.

If you have a column in tree mode and half of the rows have children and other haven`t column will look strange. Since there is no offset for cross symbol for simple items so text in column became analigned. And if you have simple row and row with children after it, it looks like second row is child of the first. It is confuses people who looks to the report.

Is there a way to have offset for cross symbol for simple rows (something like Windows tree control)?

Edited by Karnize
spike View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2004 at 8:52pm
Is there documentation online for this control? I dont have version 9 yet and would like to see what I can do with it programatically.
Boyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2004 at 7:42am
Download the version 9.00 eval and you'll get the documentation.
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 10:29am
Originally posted by zaksoft zaksoft wrote:

The new report controls looks great, but users want always to have a printed version... Do you plan to implement this in future release?

WYSIWYGAPT

What You See Is What You Get And Print Too

This was added in 9.51
kaitwo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaitwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2005 at 8:01pm
Where ? If can I ask..
ICBM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICBM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2005 at 3:47pm

Originally posted by kaitwo kaitwo wrote:

Where ? If can I ask..

Frustratingly, it's only in the reportview, not the report control class, something I hope is going to be fixed in the next release.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic