Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SOLVED: DockingPane events don't fire

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SOLVED: DockingPane events don't fire
    Posted: 29 January 2008 at 8:16am
The DockingPaneManager does not fire resize, GetClientBordersWidth and ResizeClient events during runtime. Only at startup, these events seem to be fired. I noticed (in the sample Docking panes) that these events should be fired. I really don't know what to do. Please help me
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2008 at 5:18pm

I thought there would be only one person who could help me this. And in the beginning it wasn't me. After several days of waiting and hoping for a single suggestion... I had to face the problem myself. 

The events won't fire because a single line of code: ??????????????
DockingPaneMain.SetCommandBars Me.CommandBars

This is why I rather not copy code from  samples

OLEG,

this one is for you. 

This is from an example somewhere in VB\CommandBars. What does this line of code do exactly? Do I need this and what for? Now show me there is a great support team that will support us.

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2008 at 1:05am
Hi,
Yes After you added this line you must catch GetClientBordersWidth and ResizeClient  events of CommandBars.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2008 at 3:30pm

Oleg,

Yes, I know I have to resize the contents of dockingPanes. But when I set DockingPaneMain.SetCommandBars Me.CommandBars
I won't get resize events from DockingPane? Suppose I want to use the ClientRect from the dockingPanes, who will "tell" me what size this will be? And also the resizeClient event won't be fired anymore, what will happen when the ClientArea will be resized? I find it a little strange that these events won't be fired anymore (only at startup)

Can you at least tell me what the advantage is for this behaviour?

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 1:36am
I just answered - you need ClientRect of CommandBars. It will include Area of DockingPanes.
Oleg, Support Team
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 8:43am
Oleg,

Are you trying to tell me, when resizing a pane, that the resize client event will be handled by CommandBars?

This is done by using the code: DockingPane.SetCommandBars Me.CommandBars?
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 3:05pm
Yes :)
Oleg, Support Team
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2008 at 2:14am
Oleg,

Why dídn't you tell me that right away .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic